• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Why did Raiders get 2nd down do-over?

I realize the Chargers got pretty much every call going their way in the game yesterday. It was a pleasant departure from how most of the season has gone with the refs.

But....I realize there was a clock issue, yet cannot understand why the Raiders got to pretend a second down play that lost 3 yards and kept the clock running was just called a do-over by the Refs and the clock was not only stopped, they added more time to it? I have never seen that in 40 years of football watching. One of the refs is assigned to watch the clock; it's his fault. Why punish the Chargers?

Then right after that, a Raider lineman false starts so bad he is 3 yards in the backfield. The refs wave it off because someone (likely one of the 42000 raider fans who seemed to be in the stands) blew a whistle? Sheesh.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • zoom
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

re: the 'whistle issue'. Doesn't the home team get penalized if a fan has (and uses) a whistle? I don't remember exactly, but i thought there was a rule about that.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

yep. some idiot kept blowing a whistle in the stands and refs stopped play.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Maverick
        (Coryellian)
        • Jun 2013
        • Point Loma
        • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
        re: the 'whistle issue'. Doesn't the home team get penalized if a fan has (and uses) a whistle? I don't remember exactly, but i thought there was a rule about that.
        Then based on that rule, shouldn't THE RAIDERS have been penalized? LOL

Sadly, there seemed to be just as many idiot raider fans there yesterday (as always) as Chargers' fans.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

ive never heard the whistle rule before....i dont get how an Oakland DEFENDER jumping offsides due to a whistle is going to cause him to jump....what? Whistles for players signify ENDING a play and wouldn't factor into a player STARTING early? Just not getting it.

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Amazing that the refs could hear a whistle from the stands with all that legendary Qualcomm noise.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Was listening to Raider broadcast on the way up to No. Cal on Sunday. What a bunch of bitter announcers! loved it.
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

There was no actual whistle.
                Our section has several people who can imitate their whistles and we do it every single time a team is close enough to be fucked with.
                McGroin or whatever the fuck let it get in his head and had the ref warn us. Elite security and the SDPD both came over looking to throw out anyone with a whistle.
                There was never a real whistle, but that didn't keep Elite from ordering us to stop making noise because it was bothering the opponent. Pure bullshit.
                We pay for season seats in that endzone to be close enough that the players can hear us. Somebody has to make noise.
                McGroin can go suck it. It will be much louder next time.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post

Our section has several people who can imitate their whistles and we do it every single time a team is close enough to be fucked with.
                  McGroin or whatever the fuck let it get in his head and had the ref warn us. Elite security and the SDPD both came over looking to throw out anyone with a whistle.
                  There was never a real whistle, but that didn't keep Elite from ordering us to stop making noise because it was bothering the opponent. Pure bullshit.
                  We pay for season seats in that endzone to be close enough that the players can hear us. Somebody has to make noise.
                  I should have known Mr. Hoarse was responsible for this. I was drunk and without sound and screaming at bar goers to explain this shit to me.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                    I should have known Mr. Hoarse was responsible for this. I was drunk and without sound and screaming at bar goers to explain this shit to me.
                    I was still drunk and without sound when my friends dropped my off at home. The Bolt Pride afterparty tailgate was pretty crazy too. Today I am still without sound. Can barely hear with all the ringing in my ears and Mr Hoarse is Hoarse as hell!
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      Repped. For actually helping the Bolts, not just posting about them.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

stop Hoarsing around down there you kids! And get off my lawn!

ldmarine:
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X