• Show
Clear All
  • Screeme
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The Tattoo bet

Not really a bet, but more of a dare.

My wife has been telling me I should get a tattoo. I'm not against tattoo's or anything, but its never really felt like part of my personal style or anything.

So, my wife watches games, but doesn't really follow football and generally has an "Any team on any given Sunday" attitude, but towards a whole season. (I might agree on a game by game basis)

So, before the season, she was telling me I should get a Bolt tattoo or something. So, I told her.. "Fine! If the Chargers make the Super Bowl- I'll get one"

"Chris...." She responded, in a tone of voice to say, get real. (Even she knows that much..)

Well, thinking that this was probably a 6 win team at best this season as we rebuilt, I responded, "OK.. fine, if we make the playoffs.. I won't just get a bolt.. I'll get the old school logo"

"Its a bet!" she responded.

I sat, self satisfied.

Now, here is the thing.. history isn't kind to me on these types of bets. I've shaved my head, sang the Pittsburgh Polka at work, wore a SF Jersey after the 94 Super Bowl... Even though, those were all bets on the Chargers winning, where they lost; my point is history is not kind to me when I bet on football. Just as it looked like I was about to get one.. the tide started turning.

My point is- I have no doubt the Chargers make the playoffs Sunday. And I start the new year with this on my upper arm:

hinooehlb07wrotq26b2pvpey.gif
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Ha! I have that one! I'll have to post a pic when I get home tonight.
    sigpic

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

My wife has been telling me I should get a tattoo. I'm not against tattoo's or anything, but its never really felt like part of my personal style or anything.

So, my wife watches games, but doesn't really follow football and generally has an "Any team on any given Sunday" attitude, but towards a whole season. (I might agree on a game by game basis)

So, before the season, she was telling me I should get a Bolt tattoo or something. So, I told her.. "Fine! If the Chargers make the Super Bowl- I'll get one"

"Chris...." She responded, in a tone of voice to say, get real. (Even she knows that much..)

Well, thinking that this was probably a 6 win team at best this season as we rebuilt, I responded, "OK.. fine, if we make the playoffs.. I won't just get a bolt.. I'll get the old school logo"

I sat, self satisfied.

Now, here is the thing.. history isn't kind to me on these types of bets. I've shaved my head, sang the Pittsburgh Polka at work, wore a SF Jersey after the 94 Super Bowl... Even though, those were all bets on the Chargers winning, where they lost; my point is history is not kind to me when I bet on football. Just as it looked like I was about to get one.. the tide started turning.

My point is- I have no doubt the Chargers make the playoffs Sunday. And I start the new year with this on my upper arm:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205[/ATTACH]
      Photos!
      Adipose

Comment

• UtahBolt
        Did we win?
        • Jun 2013
        • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
        • Send PM

Not to derail the thread and you're impending ink session (cause we are making the damn playoffs!), but I wish they would somehow incorporate this back into the uniform. Maybe as a patch on the shoulder (a la the Titan sword) or on the upper chest somewhere? It is the best damn logo in sports...
        I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Buck
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

The Tattoo bet

I have a custom version of that tattooed on my left arm.

Here it is. I lost a lot of weight so unfortunately it skinnied up a little.
          Last edited by Buck; 12-23-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Buck
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT!
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I personally can't stand tattoos, but if I had to get one, it would be Charger related.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

I really had no interest in getting a tattoo but on my 40th a few years back I said what the heck.....and yes...i have 2 yellow bolts in it

I hope you get your wish Chris...it would be nice to have that playoff atmosphere tension in my house again....been too long. Even if its not our destined year it would be a stamp of honor to see this team make a wave THIS year under a depleted roster.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                    I really had no interest in getting a tattoo but on my 40th a few years back I said what the heck.....and yes...i have 2 yellow bolts in it

I hope you get your wish Chris...it would be nice to have that playoff atmosphere tension in my house again....been too long. Even if its not our destined year it would be a stamp of honor to see this team make a wave THIS year under a depleted roster.
                    I believe that would also make Den sick, because his other main bitch was people claiming that simply swapping NOrv for a (hopefully) better HC would lead us to more wins.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Get one that says If you ain't for the Chargers you ain't for shit. Oh and a picture of the Chicken pissing on the Raiders logo.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

I sat, self satisfied.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205[/ATTACH]
                        what was her payoff if she lost your bet?
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X