2013 Season wrap up. Some ?'s answerd some new ones going into next year.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Doesn't really matter if he's a #1. We just need more WRs that can function in the offense. Right now Brown is a black hole. He can't blow the top off the defense because he's slow and he doesn't contribute in the short passing game cause he can't create any separation off the line.

Ideally we can get Rivers another WR that can do both well. As has been said though, we are really lacking size in the WR group. An Alshon Jeffrey clone would be lovely.

Comment

• SFW
      PB Official Game Thread Starter
      • Jul 2013
      • NY
      • USMC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Doesn't really matter if he's a #1. We just need more WRs that can function in the offense. Right now Brown is a black hole. He can't blow the top off the defense because he's slow and he doesn't contribute in the short passing game cause he can't create any separation off the line.

Ideally we can get Rivers another WR that can do both well. As has been said though, we are really lacking size in the WR group. An Alshon Jeffrey clone would be lovely.
      I actually have no issue with Brown if he is able to stay as the #4 WR. I think he could be a solid contributor and average around 500 yards per season. Unfortunately the two injuries to Floyd and Alexander thrust him to a spot he wasn't ready for (especially coming off a missed year himself).

I would like to see the WR core next year to be Floyd, Allen, Edelman, Brown and a draft pick to develop at #5. Bring back Tutu and possibly even Alexander to training camp as injury insurance (if it fits in the budget).
      1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
      2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
      3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
      4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
      5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
      6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
      7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

I see Tutu as being a solid #3, 4 WR for us- and he gets after it on Speical Teams too. Brown has looked better (and been more productive) lately but still doesn't seem to be on top of his game mentally and doesn't have that special chemistry with Rivers. I hope they really work on that this offseason and he shows up big next year. If McCoy can get Mathews turned around, he can do it for Brown too.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
          I cannot handle this shit
          Time to handle this shits

HOCKKKKKKK!!!11!!
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            There is certainly merit to that argument. However, Allen is the best WR we have had since Tony Martin was a true #1 WR for us. I think he is the #1 WR by virtue of being the best we have and I can't see us getting anyone better. Alexander could be a #1, but he has to be healthy, and his best patterns are deep stuff, so that pretty much eliminates him as a #1 guy. You just can't scheme deep passes over and over again, they are too low a percentage unless the WR or QB is just completely on fire.

That being said, I see our O being more of a spread the ball around type of deal anyway. Rivers is usually at his best when he gets all his receivers involved. He may get one or more over 100 yards, but he often starts by getting everyone catches early. And we can still give a lot of catches to Gates and Woodhead. Even though he might be called a #1 WR, I don't think he is going to be a guy we scheme to get open on most downs. He is just the best WR we have.
            I loved Tony Martin. He made the most clutch catch for the Chargers in my lifetime. However, Allen is way beter than Martin. Martin dropped the ball quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
            X