Can this Chargers team rewrite their usual playoff script?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Can this Chargers team rewrite their usual playoff script?

Seems like the last few playoff escapades we've had have been with us being usually a fairly high seed, coming off a division crown and walking in overconfident off a bye week. And we know how that usually has turned out.

Can we replicate the successes of teams like the Giants, Steelers, Packers and Ravens who have come in as lower seeds and run the table? I believe the Steelers in 2005 and Packers in 2010 were #6 seeds. I think that Giants team that knocked off the undefeated Pats team in 2007 was also a #6 seed?

Look, I realize today's performance wasn't awe-inspiring and definitely the defense is probably too suspect, but why not us? I think we've proven that we can play with anybody (good or bad). I really think the team will play MUCH better next week now that the pressure is off. True dogs is where they seem to shine best. If Rivers can generate some postseason magic, RM continues to run hard, the defense makes timely stops and we get a few lucky bounces to go our way.....is it wrong to dream?
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

We're in. Now it just comes down to some luck and opportune play. No more dropping pick-6's on the first drive, etc.

In the AFC I'm most worried about Cinci. They can be good or bungles. Rest of the teams don't scare me. NFC has some stud teams.

Comment

It's not wrong to dream! We've already beaten a few other teams that are also in the playoffs.

Comment

• Peremptor
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2013
        • Send PM

We won't know until they do it. Just to get a shot at it after the last few years though... I'm elated.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

go back to 1984 Raiders and see what is possible sneaking in as the last wildcard team like this. I alwyas HATED when we had a playoff bye week because the guys would inevitably party and slack off and look unprepared in our game after 2 weeks off.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Id just lovea shot to make Denver go one and done again. Make Peytons record setting season a familiar occurance in the playoffs.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
              go back to 1984 Raiders and see what is possible sneaking in as the last wildcard team like this. I alwyas HATED when we had a playoff bye week because the guys would inevitably party and slack off and look unprepared in our game after 2 weeks off.
              Yes, as others have mentioned, a game like this might have been a good kick in the ass to remind them that nothing is given, you still have to earn everything, regardless of the opponent.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                You appear to be Flaming Carrot.
                Carrot? Huh? Oh, shit, there's a carrot in that userpic! I'd never noticed anything besides that hottie...
                Adipose

Comment

• TTThunder
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  If Rivers can generate some postseason magic, RM continues to run hard, the defense makes timely stops and we get a few lucky bounces to go our way.....is it wrong to dream?
                  No.

In fact, I hope they win it all every year!

(That's why it was extremely excruciating when Norv was our HC because I know it is not possible!)

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    It's not wrong to dream! We've already beaten a few other teams that are also in the playoffs.
                    Indy
                    KC 2x
                    Denver

4-2 vs AFC playoff teams

Not a bad resume.

Comment

• Kyle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Tough road but definitely doable. Cinci is a tough matchup but winnable. And my friend is a Bronco fan and he does NOT want to play the Chargers. We've had a lot of success in Denver over the years, and we just held them to 20 points. IMO, the Chargers dominated every aspect of that game. I can't think beyond that yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Indy
                        KC 2x
                        Denver

4-2 vs AFC playoff teams

Not a bad resume.
                        The Eagles too.

Comment

Working...
                        X