• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

What a great teammate Fluker is trying to lend a hand by diverting that spotlight selflessly onto himself...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Maybe his GF stepped on his toe?
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

A bone scan showed that my most recent plantar was caused by a stress fracture in my heel. I have to wear a boot for 3 months once the TV season winds down. Getting by with cortisone shots until then.
        He could be in that boot for a lot longer if that's tha case.
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

If you believe the reports from people watching practice, he's not in a boot and doing drills on the side. At least he seems to be making some progress.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 4h
            Landed in Philadelphia. No surprises on Chargers injury report. Manti Te'o (foot) only player out. Been making good strides in his rehab.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              Nothing has ever been released that I can find or recall. How long are they going to stonewall with this injury? Are they allowed to be this mysterious under NFL rules? Damn that Mike McCoy!
              Keep in mind there are federal laws that have to be considered too....ever heard of HIPPA?
              sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I have, but in the nfl HIPAA related information is released all the time, DX had his injury released as an example. We always here when a player has a concussion these days, Philly has a CB who hasnt been cleared by an independant Neurologist yet and will not play Sunday. Did he sign a general public HIPAA release? Doubt it. Personaly Im glad the team hasnt hidden behind HIPAA laws...
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                  Keep in mind there are federal laws that have to be considered too....ever heard of HIPPA?
                  No, but I've heard of HIPAA! I'm pretty sure no team ever releases any information that would fall under the umbrella of HIPAA.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The people saying he's making progress are liars, don't forget.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

its all a conspiracy to protect him from the media.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Michael Gehlken ‏@UTgehlken 4h
                        Landed in Philadelphia. No surprises on Chargers injury report. Manti Te'o (foot) only player out. Been making good strides in his rehab.
                        Been making strides. For 6 weeks now. More and more strides.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          @UTKevinAcee: “@sdmike: Has anyone on team explained why ... sprain has him out this long?” >No. In fact, at best, they've "evaded" question. #lisfranc
                          Treatment options for Lisfranc include operative or non-operative treatment. If the dislocation is less than 2 mm, the fracture can be managed with casting for six weeks.[11] The patient's injured limb cannot bear weight during this period. For severe Lisfranc injuries, open reduction with internal fixation (ORIF) and temporary screw or Kirschner wire (K-wire) fixation is the treatment of choice.[12] The foot cannot be allowed to bear weight for a minimum of six weeks. Partial weight-bearing may then begin, with full weight bearing after an additional several weeks, depending on the specific injury. K-wires are typically removed after six weeks, before weight bearing, while screws are often removed after 12 weeks.[12]

When a Lisfranc injury is characterized by significant displacement of the tarsometatarsal joint(s), nonoperative treatment often leads to severe loss of function and long-term disability secondary to chronic pain and sometimes to a planovalgus deformity. In cases with severe pain, loss of function, or progressive deformity that has failed to respond to nonoperative treatment, mid-tarsal and tarsometatarsal arthrodesis (operative fusion of the bones) may be indicated.[13]

Comment

Working...
                          X