• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Well in game remarks were a little over the top. Someone said this loss 'would define the McCoy era,' etc. I was disappointed in the way the club was playing, myself. Just ask my wife, who told me on more than one ocassion to calm down. But I was disappointed in so many people discrediting whats been accomplished this season because of how the Bolts started in this game, too.

I chalked it up to heat of the moment so I didn't jump in to say anything. But I wonder if so many people would have rained down that bitterness if we'd lost? I think I would've had to take a break or just bail on the whole thing. From where I sit, we're competing for a playoff spot because of coaching. As currently constructed, this isnt playoff talent we're talking about.

That's reasonable. But does that include losing (somewhat soundly) to another team's backups? It's one thing to get smacked around by a team's starting lineup...but 20/22 starters sitting? Look I realize these are all NFL caliber players but that is still incredibly disappointing no matter how you slice it.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I'm still calling for some D coaching heads. WTF was that that we just saw?
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• blahblahblah
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

I still want Pagano gone. I've given him 2 years, he's not good.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
          I still want Pagano gone. I've given him 2 years, he's not good.
          Let's wait to see how/if we cover AJ Green next week.

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

We need to use a game plan like we did @DEN and @IND. IOW, ditch the fucking 34.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Same guy who started that silly thread about McCoy was complaining during the game. At least he's consistent.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                That's reasonable. But does that include losing (somewhat soundly) to another team's backups? It's one thing to get smacked around by a team's starting lineup...but 20/22 starters sitting? Look I realize these are all NFL caliber players but that is still incredibly disappointing no matter how you slice it.
                Of course. I just dont know that you hang that all on the HC. I think some of it goes to the Chiefs, I think some gets chalked up to some unfamiliarity with the underlings, and I wouldnt doubt that some of our young guys felt a little overwhelmed by the opportunity and stage. Rivers wasn't himself...some happy feet, regression to some bad habits.

If we'd have lost I'd be majorly bummed. But I dont think I'd be down on Mccoy. My beef with the offensive gameplan was abandoning the run and forcing too much downfield.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

D was our problem. Looked nothing like the defensive performances that have helped us win this year.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    D was our problem. Looked nothing like the defensive performances that have helped us win this year.
                    Except in the second half. I actually thought it was more about the five straight punts on offense was more of the issue.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Except in the second half. I actually thought it was more about the five straight punts on offense was more of the issue.
                      Agreed...the defense actually played very well the 2nd half except of course for the final drive that allowed KC to get into FG range. Just our luck too, when finally our offense had found its rhythm that then the defense would let us down.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        D was the problem the first half. No game plan, base 34 with no wrinkles and man under. Got fucking gashed.

2nd and 3rd quarters we went back to the chuck and suck on offense. A lot of it was on Rivers, he had open WRs underneath on all three of his chucks.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                          Who called for the HC's head?

One person did early in the season. I dont remember anyone else saying he should be fired.
                          Look, I'm not going to do your homework for you (because I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, waking up in an hour, packing, and getting on a train to Brussels, instead of posting here, drinking fine rum, and watching the night game), but MrH for one posted more than once that McCoy should be fired if we lost tonight. Not that I took any of those posts calling for McCoy's head seriously, but they were posted.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X