• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

The "Patriot Way"

So how come no one makes a big deal out of this? Belicheck signs Matthews, he gets injured and the Patriots just dump him. If the Chargers treated injured players like that, there would be articles about how the ownership/front office doesn't care about players. But NE gets a pass.

From NFL.com.....

Wide receiver Jordan Matthews' time with the New England Patriots proved short.

The Patriots are moving on from Matthews following his "significant" hamstring injury, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday. Rapoport added New England is working out an injury settlement with the receiver, and Mathews will continue seeking opinions on his hurt hamstring.

Jim McBride of the Boston Globe first reported Matthews' pending departure.

Matthews, who was set to enter his fifth season, joined the Patriots on a one-year deal during free agency. He previously spent time with the Eagles and Bills.

While the 26-year-old Matthews has been dealing with an injury, his release comes at a time with the Patriots dealing with a handful of other ailments to the wide receiver group, specifically Kenny Britt (hamstring) and Malcolm Mitchell (knee).
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

They have rings. We don't.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I hear you heat. Im not a fan of them. But im not sure this situation really is that bad. He signed a 1 year deal with very little guaranteed. Which tells me he was a camp body with the potential to make the team. But no lock. He got hurt. The injury settlement is set up to protect the player. He will get all medical expenses covered. He would have never made any of his incentives due to being hurt. He most likely will get his 170K and medical and the team simply has no plans on bringing him back. I heard th connection between he and Brady wasnt great.

People cry about the Chargers for anything. Those same fans that would actually defend the team for something like this would now do exactly what you are saying. Its just bias and hypocrisy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He signed a 1 year deal. He got 300K and an injury settlement to walk away with and try to latch onto another team if he chooses
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I guess they couldnt agree on a settlement amount...

Patriots place Jordan Matthews on IR rather than releasing him

Posted by Charean Williams on August 1, 2018, 5:11 PM EDT
          Getty Images

The Patriots ended up placing receiver Jordan MatthewsA report emergedEric Decker in for a visit this week.

Matthews signed a one-year deal in April that contained $170,000 in guaranteed money. Matthews had 25 catches for 282 yards and a touchdown for the Bills last season.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

On a related note, the Patriots are adding Eric Decker. With them collecting all the league's white wide receivers, how long until they try to poach Dylan Cantrell?

Comment

Working...
            X