• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Josh Gordon

I know this is off topic, but given the slowness around here, thought it would be worth mentioning.

Josh Gordon has yet to report to training camp for the Browns. Not a lot of details, just that Josh is "not yet ready" for the football environment. I truly think this guy is a lost cause.

And the Browns' 4th round pick, a talented and troubled wide receiver named Calloway with a super long rap sheet, got arrested by the local police for driving under the influence and having illegal drugs in the car. He had just been named a starter and running with the first team the day he got arrested. The Browns plan was for Gordon to take this kid under his wing (I am not making this up) because everyone deserves second chances. Calloway is on about his 8th chance, by the way.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

3 words, TG:

Factory
    of
    Sadness

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Well... football is football, there are exceptions like Rivers but it is what is, football is football, it wouldnt be otherwise. If you know what I mean

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I think he's battling Mental Illness. Its most likely the underlying cause of his addiction. Its often the case anyways. Probably Bi-Polar or something along those lines. I wish him the best.

Hes a great talent.

And i agree its slow around here. I would think with camp starting things would have picked up. Oh well. I think fans still need wins to be interested. Its always been that way with the Chargers.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

But... why teams doesnt do something about it? I know its difficult to deal with this kind of people and also its the NFL we are talking about and Football (Again) but that is a multibillion dollar revenue industry, they should take care of their people. (Yeah right...)

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Maybe they are. And just not announcing it publicly what he is battling. The Browns clearly support him. They know what hes dealing with im certain.

Comment

• Attack
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I think he's battling Mental Illness. Its most likely the underlying cause of his addiction. Its often the case anyways. Probably Bi-Polar or something along those lines. I wish him the best.

Hes a great talent.

And i agree its slow around here. I would think with camp starting things would have picked up. Oh well. I think fans still need wins to be interested. Its always been that way with the Chargers.

I think things will pick up when the first preseason game gets going. The game will be replayed on NFL Network on Sunday at 1am east coast time. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Yeah i think we will be fine when the season starts.

Speaking of the Browns. Mayfield looks great. I remember taking a lot of flack for being on the Baker train. lol

Comment

• richpjr
                  richpjr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think he will end up being a good QB in the league.

• WindsorUK
                  WindsorUK commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Browns will be much improved this year.
                  Tyrod Taylor was a solid pick up and solid bridge for Mayfield.
                  Hope Gorodn can find his own peace at some point.

• Panamamike
                  Panamamike commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Time will tell. Looking great in preseason against backups and never will be's, vanilla D and no game planning is a whole lot different than looking good when it counts. That being said, yes he did look good in his first preseason game. I still believe Rosen to be the best QB in that draft by a wide margin. Again, time will tell.
              Working...
              X