How many wins did changing Head Coach get the Chargers?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

My estimate is 4-5 wins more with the present coaching staff versus Norv.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Fuck Norv, he is gone and who IS NOT happy about that?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Look at how Mathews has improved, Fluker, Te'o, Gilchrest, Kieser, and others seem to be getting better as the season goes on.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

remember how the beat writers kept talking about how ALL the players were getting reps with 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams in OTA & TC- instead of just 1st teamers like under NOrv? They thought it was really different and not sure what to make of it. What I make of it now, is development of young players and backups being ready to play if pressed into service in real games
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

With this kind of validation for the new regiem, it buys alot of credit with the players, and boads well for the next few years, we could be relivent at least for a good few years or more if this continues to grow.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
              With this kind of validation for the new regiem, it buys alot of credit with the players, and boads well for the next few years, we could be relivent at least for a good few years or more if this continues to grow.
              Time to make this poles

HOCKKKKKKK!!!11!!
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think it's funny that before 2012 season, Norv said that was as talented a squad he's ever had. These are guys that had went to bat for him to keep him from getting fired that offseason.

Then following the season, and his subsequent firing, he sold those same guys out and said the Chargers are a few years away from contending. In other words... "not my fault, my players weren't that good."

McCoy and his staff took those same players, and proceeded to knock off good teams, played disciplined football down the stretch, and made the playoffs.

To me it proves what a loser Norv Turner is.
                sigpic

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
                  I think it's funny that before 2012 season, Norv said that was as talented a squad he's ever had. These are guys that had went to bat for him to keep him from getting fired that offseason.

Then following the season, and his subsequent firing, he sold those same guys out and said the Chargers are a few years away from contending. In other words... "not my fault, my players weren't that good."

McCoy and his staff took those same players, and proceeded to knock off good teams, played disciplined football down the stretch, and made the playoffs.

To me it proves what a loser Norv Turner is.
                  Far from the same players. But McCoy definitely got them to play for each other and the staff did a great job coaching guys up that were forced into bigger roles than anticipated.

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    Look at how Mathews has improved, Fluker, Te'o, Gilchrest, Kieser, and others seem to be getting better as the season goes on.
                    I have to admit all of the above is true, especially Matthews.

Without him catching fire over the last month (especially the KC game which I suspect is a career high), there is no playoffs for the Chargers.

Here's to this breakout run continuing, and becoming a good career
                    sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Far from the same players. But McCoy definitely got them to play for each other and the staff did a great job coaching guys up that were forced into bigger roles than anticipated.
                      I think it's largely the same group. Rivers had his best completion % ever. Mathews developed. We lost our top 2 WR's and still flourished in the passing game. To start the season, the OL on paper was probably not as good as last year, or at least even but they played well under a new coach/scheme. Not saying McCoy and his staff are miracle workers, but I don't see this same team developing and going to the playoffs under Turner.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

#3 oline overal by pff, #2 running, #16 passing.

We need to run like we have been the last five or six games.
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X