• Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Refo: Bolts vs Chiefs

Disruptive D-Lineman

Usually relegated to a reserve role at defensive end, or at least a non-full time role, Allen Bailey played every defensive snap for the Chiefs and had a great +4.1 performanceNeither Chad Rinehart nor Jeromy Clary could keep up with Bailey as he forced cuts and collected his stops, proving a general nuisance in the run game. He even forced a hold on Clary at one point (OT, 14:33), setting back the Charger offense in overtime.

Potential Depth Issues

Butler a Bright Spot

Butler went on to grade at +2.8 for the game while collecting 11 tackles and six stopsShaky Pass Defense

Even against the Chief backups, the Chargers still showed continuing issues in pass defense outside of Eric Weddle, particularly from corners Richard Marshall and Shareece Wright, both of whom graded below -2.0 overall. Wright allowed a reception on all four targetsGame Notes

- Still showing some rust in his return from an ACL injury, Melvin Ingram graded negatively in 49 snaps, his most since returning in Week 14.

- Phillip Rivers completed just three of 10 pass attempts over 10 yards in the air.PFF Game BallEric Weddle gets the nod for a rounded, +2.7 performance.
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Pagano better be scheming up some stuff for Ingram. As best I can tell, he's ready to break loose. We're going to need pressure from him.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

That's a lot of snaps for a guy coming off an ACL...

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        It is, but now there's no question that you utilize him. Before I wasn't so sure. But you dont get that many shots. Now's the time.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          yes, but more proof these injuries now heal faster than the old norm with a good surgeon and rehab plan.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            yes, but more proof these injuries now heal faster than the old norm with a good surgeon and rehab plan.
            Ingram and Adrian Peterson are outliers, and maybe had structural differences that let them heal more quickly. For guys like them, there are more that take a year to come back. Taylor and DX are slow or incomplete healers, and may never get back to where they were before.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              Ingram and Adrian Peterson are outliers, and maybe had structural differences that let them heal more quickly. For guys like them, there are more that take a year to come back. Taylor and DX are slow or incomplete healers, and may never get back to where they were before.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AP and Ingram were both Dr Andrews patients, and Taylor was cut on by Chao.
              Who did DX's last knee operation?
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think AP and Ingram were both Dr Andrews patients, and Taylor was cut on by Chao.
                Who did DX's last knee operation?
                Didn't Taylor have a lot of damage to other things besides his ACL?

Comment

Working...
                X