• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1993
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Predictions for now. Vs at the end of the season

Make this a sticky so itll last till the end.
    what do you think the teams record will be?
    defensive mvp for the team
    Offensive mvp
    Most improved player
    Best rookie

My predictions
    I think we go 12-4
    Def mvp- bosa
    offensive- keenan allen
    Mip- jatavious brown
    Best rookie- kyzier white. "i dont count mike or lamp rookies"
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I'll make a prediction right now. I think Bosa wins NFL defensive player of the year. I believe he will have atleast 20 sacks this year along with atleast 15 from Ingram. I agree with the Keenan Allen pick for most mvp. I would also like to predict that Mike Williams will become the #2 wr by week 5. As far as roy I think you have to go with the obvious and that is Derwin James. As far as a prediction for our record this year I always predict 16-0 but in reality I see us going either 12-4 or 13-3. There is two games that I worry about and that is the Chiefs game in KC and against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. However if there ever was a time to end our nightmare and end the Chiefs dominance over us in Kansas City then this is the year.

Comment

• charger1993
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post
      I'll make a prediction right now. I think Bosa wins NFL defensive player of the year. I believe he will have atleast 20 sacks this year along with atleast 15 from Ingram. I agree with the Keenan Allen pick for most mvp. I would also like to predict that Mike Williams will become the #2 wr by week 5. As far as roy I think you have to go with the obvious and that is Derwin James. As far as a prediction for our record this year I always predict 16-0 but in reality I see us going either 12-4 or 13-3. There is two games that I worry about and that is the Chiefs game in KC and against the Steelers in Pittsburgh. However if there ever was a time to end our nightmare and end the Chiefs dominance over us in Kansas City then this is the year.
      The only reason i didnt pick derwin is for yhe simole facts that with the new tackle/helmet rule its making safeties almost not needed, every tackle they make usna flag. Also the game seems to be fast for him right now.. So im hedging on kyzir winning an olb starting spots. And having a good rookie campaign

Comment

• Big Dog
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

*Record = 13-3 (wanted to go 14-2 but I whimped out)
        Defensive MVP = Joey Bosa
        Offensive MVP = Phillip Rivers
        Most Improved Player = Mike Williams
        Best rookie = Derwin James

* First 11 games we only play 2 teams that finished with a better record than us last year (Chiefs and Rams) everyone else was same or worse than 9-7.
        . In our entire 16 game schedule only 3 teams (Chiefs, Rams, Steelers) had a better record those are our only 3 losses.

Comment

• foreigner
          Tom Telesco is gone
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Chargers win a huge following in LA because of the pass offense. Thats my prediction.

Comment

• Chargerville
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Comment

• blueman
              blueman commented
              Editing a comment
              This. Caveat being if healthy I don’t see them losing this year.
          • charger1993
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
            *Record = 13-3 (wanted to go 14-2 but I whimped out)
            Defensive MVP = Joey Bosa
            Offensive MVP = Phillip Rivers
            Most Improved Player = Mike Williams
            Best rookie = Derwin James

* First 11 games we only play 2 teams that finished with a better record than us last year (Chiefs and Rams) everyone else was same or worse than 9-7.
            . In our entire 16 game schedule only 3 teams (Chiefs, Rams, Steelers) had a better record those are our only 3 losses.
            I can see all that happening

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Depends on too many factors. Remember a few years back, when they lost to Houston week 1, and we were all like (I was one of them), that was a quality playoff team we almost beat, and should have.

And then, they sucked that year.

The Chargers have historically found a way to lose head scratching games. I don't know if and when that stops. (The Jax game last year is the most recent example)

But there's a lot of talent on this team, and the backups seem pretty strong at most positions. Which is a good thing, because the injuries always come.

I could see this team go 13-3 as some predict... and I could see a worst case scenario of 5 or 6 wins.

More than likely they'll be in the 9-10 win range again, and let's hope that gets the team into the playoffs.

Once in, anyone can win it. Look at the Eagles last year. Chargers coulda/woulda beaten them, with their starting QB... who'd have thought that Nick Foles would lead them to the promised land? Got to get through the grind, get into the tournament, and have some fortune smile upon them.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I complain EVERY year about about exhibition games and how the Bolts don't show up. Every year we've had a country club atmosphere in training camp. And everybody tells me that getting embarrassed in exhibition games has no bearing on regular season games. And EVERY year, playing like ass in August turns into playing like shit in September.

Well this year is different. And I credit Lynn. This team is motivated and hard working. And they play the exhibition games hard even though its primarily the backups. Wins and losses don't count in August, preparation and intensity and the will to win do count.

So I'm looking for them to finally be prepared to play real games in September, not in October when it's too late.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

2-14
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                    Coachmarkos commented
                    Editing a comment
                    On Cue! LOL.
                • Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Im feeling 10 wins. If we get the kicking game fixed. But the problem with this team is fixing one leak...only to have another leak pop up somewhere else. If this offense can increase its total points scored per game by 4 points including special teams we should be there at the end.

The simple fact that our depth(2nd string) this preseason has played so well on both sides of the ball tells me we should be much better overall.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                    X