• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Attack
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2017
    • Send PM

Bridgewater the future?

Bridgewater has looked good for the Jets this preseason and reports are that he is available. Telesco should call Maccagnan to find out what it would take to bring him over to the west coast. I am a fan of Teddy, and think he could take over after Rivers. He would be a really good backup for a few years, and then would be ready to step in as the starter. He's a free agent after this season, so would need to be able to sign him long term if he was brought over.
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Not the right timing frankly. He could start for teams....why would he want to join the Chargers?

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

He'd be an upgrade over the garbage behind Rivers but it's not happening. For whatever reason Lynn seems to like Smith.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

One qb named Rivers the back up is named Bridgewater? Really? Sounds like tempting fate if you ask me.
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Attack
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2017
          • Send PM

There seem to be 2 spots where Bridgewater could possibly start pretty quickly- Jags and Dolphins. And doesn't seem like either team is abandoning their starters as of right now. Each QB has a huge dead cap hit in the next couple of years, too. We will need a starter in the next few years, with father time knocking on Rivers' door (and hoping he doesn't answer for a few years). Other teams with aging QBs that will need a starter are the Pats, Saints, Redskins, and maybe Giants (they have Davis Webb and Lauletta). We know how quickly age can catch up to a QB, and how difficult injuries can be to recover from the older a QB gets. Why wouldn't Bridgewater want to join this team?

Comment

• blueman
            blueman commented
            Editing a comment
            The Chargers have got to be the best place for a backup QB, we had the #1 passing offense last season and a top D, what more do you need?
        • oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

Yeah, Bridgewater may not want to wait a few years to be the guy, but he may have to. He may need to sign a couple more 1 yr deals until his oppty presents itself, wherever that may be.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I have a feeling that there will be other "Bridgewater" scenarios in the future, where there will be a decent FA QB available from teams with another up-and-coming QB. Getting Bridgewater to just be the QB in waiting is not realistic, unless the Chargers win it all, and Rivers decides to retire, and I just don't see him retiring before he's at least 40.

Comment

• SDFan
                Woober Goober
                • Jun 2013
                • Dolores, CO
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                Bridgewater has looked good for the Jets this preseason and reports are that he is available. Telesco should call Maccagnan to find out what it would take to bring him over to the west coast. I am a fan of Teddy, and think he could take over after Rivers. He would be a really good backup for a few years, and then would be ready to step in as the starter. He's a free agent after this season, so would need to be able to sign him long term if he was brought over.
                I read a trade would guarantee his $5 Million contract for this year, where if they cut him he only gets $1 Million.
                Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I wouldnt mind having Bridewater but under the circumstances, that isnt going to happen. I doubt he would come here to sit for three seasons.

Comment

• floydefisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • siberiacuse, ny
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                    They may cut him. Bolts should wait, then claim him off the waiver wire.

Would be a nice waiver wire pickup IMHO.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Arlington, TX
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

They may cut him. Bolts should wait, then claim him off the waiver wire.

Would be a nice waiver wire pickup IMHO.
                      If Bridgewater were cut, I'm sure that someone in front of us in the waiver order would claim him first.

If they Chargers are interested and truly believe that Teddy B is bound to be cut, they should just "jump" in front of those other teams and offer a late round (6th or 7th) pick.

Comment

Working...
                      X