• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Well I Wanted To Address This Community Regarding Steve

Ive tried like crazy to get him back. But he wont respond. It hurts because i always looked up to him. He was a mentor to me. I was going to just brush it off if it was ever brought up. And he hasnt been brought up yet. But i wanted to get this off my chest. Because its my fault. I need to own to up this because he was invaluable to us here. And i pushed him away.

I made Steve a part of this staff and our resident draft analyst. Im obviously a draft guy as well but im busy on multiple fronts. Including battling some nagging health issues. He was great enough to make profiles and really fed this community awesome film break down...player evaluations...and amazing insight to the way our team works. And just generally a great educator when it comes to the sport of football. I learned a lot from coach Steve.

I wasnt happy about some things. Coupled with the fact that im on edge often from fighting these health issues i was rude to him. He never responded to my personal message...but he made it clear he wasnt happy by removing some posts of his. And then logging out.

He hasnt been back since. I sent him 3 private messages. And i sent him a heartfelt sincere apology via email. Nothing. I came close to just calling him but that would be a serious violation of privacy.

I dont believe he will be back. And i want everybody to know its my fault. I fucked up. Im doing the best i can to be the best i can for this community. But i screwed the pooch on this one. We have slowed greatly without him educating and creating here. Im personally hurt by this. 1. I considered him a friend. 2 A mentor. 3. A teacher.

Its out in the open. I am sincerely sorry to this community.
  • blueman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I wondered what happened to him. It's too bad he left, but don't beat yourself up Chris. We're all human and (most) of us here are still fanatical and opinionated about the Chargers. He clearly knows more than just about everyone on this board about football, but didn't appear to like to be challenged about anything. People do get worked up but I think sometimes can take things personally. Hopefully he comes back as he does bring a ton of knowledge, but that is his prerogative. We appreciate your passion and willingness to step up and keep this place going Chris so all you can do is live and learn brother.

Peace.

Comment

• Charged4Life
        Charged4Life commented
        Editing a comment
        I second this message from rich. Well said. Don't beat yourself up, Fleet. You've done what you can in reaching out to Steve. That's all you can do.

More Peace
    • Attack
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2017
      • Send PM

I learned things about football from reading Steve's posts, but I feel that I have learned from reading your posts too, Fleet. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. The community is here if/when he's ready to come back. You've reached out to him and not sure what more you can do.

Looking forward to the KC game.....and reading/discussing everything that is posted by everyone. I love this team and this place rocks. Go Bolts!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

LOL Thanks guys. I just always viewed him like i do family. And ive never not been able to repair bridges within my family.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I hope he didn't leave because posters argued with him about the need to draft linebackers high.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              I hope he didn't leave because posters argued with him about the need to draft linebackers high.
              The Chargers were in desperate need of LBs

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                The Chargers were in desperate need of LBs
                Most of us agreed.

And most of us would love to see him back.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Most of us agreed.

And most of us would love to see him back.
                  I like people that have an opinion. Even if I completely disagree with them
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Oip drove me away several times...

​​​​​​

I just kept walking back...

Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      oneinchpunch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That’s too bad.

If this forum could afford to lose someone...
                  • chris9341
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Here's my take on it. We live in a society where we are to worried about what we say. Cfleet you may have been an asshole to him but most people I know would say thank you for admitting they were wrong instead of ignoring the person who gave them a heartfelt apology. Hell I don't expect anyone to agree with me and my opinions on here. Shit I don't think anyone agreed with me when I wanted the Chargers to draft a DT in the first round this year, most people wanted either a lb'er or a safety.

Comment

Working...
                    X