• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FalcCharger
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Desmond King

Hey guys I'm new here. I'm a Falcons and Chargers fan. Im big on secondaries and I think both teams have 2 of the best in the league under the radar. My thing is what is desmond kings role? He was like the no2 cb in my fantasy league last year and in trying to figure how this guy isn't a starter. How was he so productive?
  • FalcCharger
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Don't just look at it. Say something people!! Lol.

Comment

The Chargers defense struggled mightily against the run in 2017, and a lot of that had to do with the poor execution of the interior defensive line and linebackers. However, one surprise player in …

Comment

• FalcCharger
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Thanks I saw that!! Man this dude is way underrated .He's legit.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree! Love this kid. I can't wait to see Derwin James added to the mix with Addae, Jenkins, Hayward, King, Williams, etc.
      • FalcCharger
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

So he's basically a troy polamalu roaming the field headhunting.

Comment

• FalcCharger
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Just thought of something do the chargers run a 3 4 defense?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            We used to, but Bradley has moved us to a more 4-3 look overall.
        • Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Welcome to the forum FalcCharger!

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Hey man welcome to the forum. He is a starter essentially due to the fact we are in nickel and dime so often. Money D. Slot is a difficult position as ours need to play like small LBs. I think hes fine on the boundary but he is truly special playing the slot. I had no idea he scored so high in IDP. He can cover WRs. Spy the RB. And get after the QB on blitzes. He had a really similar skillset to Honey Badger coming into the league imo. And is a blend of him and Chris Harris.

His football IQ is what makes him so good so early in his career.

Comment

• Big Dog
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Welcome on board ...

Being a bi-polar fan (of the Falcons and the Chargers), you will fit right in ...

We play the old Seattle defense under Gus Bradley so we switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3 ... actually more like 4-2-5 we are in nickel so much ...

Desmond King is legit, and a better player than the guy we drafted a round ahead of him, he is also a special teams asset as well ... and has good size and length (he doesn't look like a DB) to play in the slot against bigger TE's and RB's coming out of the backfield ...

Comment

• FalcCharger
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Preciate the Input. I imagine with verrett being out again he will see significant playing time .

Comment

• Screeme
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                  Hey man welcome to the forum. He is a starter essentially due to the fact we are in nickel and dime so often. Money D. Slot is a difficult position as ours need to play like small LBs. I think hes fine on the boundary but he is truly special playing the slot. I had no idea he scored so high in IDP. He can cover WRs. Spy the RB. And get after the QB on blitzes. He had a really similar skillset to Honey Badger coming into the league imo. And is a blend of him and Chris Harris.

His football IQ is what makes him so good so early in his career.
                  This is what I was going to say.. he's not a "starter" only because the base defense is 2 CB's, but we play so much out of that set, he plays as much as anyone. I love the CB blitzes by King, he always seems to get to the QB.

Comment

Working...
                  X