• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Fleet wanted a mea culpa...

Fleet sent me an email today asking how I am and I am fine, just busy. I have taken some time away from football to take care of work and enjoy the holidays and with Aztecs BB in full force I am overextended. But, since Fleet said I needed to admit I was "wrong" I will admit it. Not only were the Chargers not limited to 3 wins (as my prediction) they also went over my best case scenario of 6 wins going with 9. Obviously, I missed those projections. I may, perhaps, be more pessimistic than those on here that are now predicting a SB trophy within the next couple of years (if not this year) but I have had many years seeing this same game played out, all offense and no defense, to realize that it is going to take a lot of luck to win a championship.

Oh, a couple of places where I can say I was right? Mathews (that one is for you, Fleet, we don't win in those games down the stretch without him, eh?). L, Green (for those who felt he was a "reach"). Butler, I tend to think he ends up in Denver next year.

Heading to Utah tomorrow for my annual skiing trip. Not sure if I will catch the Charger's game or not but will be interested in seeing if Rivers can carry a team in a playoff game.

Oh, haven't looked to see what the board "feels" about Mathews currently (I suspect it is positive right now) but I will say if he fumbles in Cincy even if the weather is cold and with freezing rain people on here will want him castrated and run out of town on a rail.

Very glad to hear that you're doing well, Den. Who cares about right and wrong when it comes to our opinions? None of us are right 100% of the time. We're all here to talk Chargers football with our long-standing bros. I guessed 7-9, never expected the playoffs, but am incredibly happy to see them here. Almost everyone here had to live through the Air Coryell years, where we had one of the best offenses in the history of the game, but had to watch them get out scored by the other team because of the defense. It doesn't have any bearing on the team that's out there now. And for the record, I'm a big Ryan Mathews fan.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Fleet sent me an email today asking how I am and I am fine, just busy. I have taken some time away from football to take care of work and enjoy the holidays and with Aztecs BB in full force I am overextended. But, since Fleet said I needed to admit I was "wrong" I will admit it. Not only were the Chargers not limited to 3 wins (as my prediction) they also went over my best case scenario of 6 wins going with 9. Obviously, I missed those projections. I may, perhaps, be more pessimistic than those on here that are now predicting a SB trophy within the next couple of years (if not this year) but I have had many years seeing this same game played out, all offense and no defense, to realize that it is going to take a lot of luck to win a championship.

Oh, a couple of places where I can say I was right? Mathews (that one is for you, Fleet, we don't win in those games down the stretch without him, eh?). L, Green (for those who felt he was a "reach"). Butler, I tend to think he ends up in Denver next year.

Heading to Utah tomorrow for my annual skiing trip. Not sure if I will catch the Charger's game or not but will be interested in seeing if Rivers can carry a team in a playoff game.

Oh, haven't looked to see what the board "feels" about Mathews currently (I suspect it is positive right now) but I will say if he fumbles in Cincy even if the weather is cold and with freezing rain people on here will want him castrated and run out of town on a rail.
      :lol: You know that will happen, and it will be unfair but thats how it goes in these forums. I expect more of this at the UT though than here.

Have a good trip Den and glad your hip is doing good.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Good to see you're still out there Den. Hopefully you can catch the game
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post

Howdy D60... Glad to see you back.... Hey nothing In here or w/football fandonium is about right and wrong, it's about the roller coaster ride that comes with routing for and riding out your team. If we win the SB this year as longs shots for the ages, nobody in here will be content next season, nobodies debt will be erased (unless you dropped cash money on the early early odds), and nothing will change. I'll check in here each day to see how the ebb and flow of charger fandonium is going. I'll still be pissed and or excited at our team as I am today.

It's about the ride. Never get to high or too low.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Good on you Den Be well, and enjoy life. Hope your wrong in a good way. Do hope they invest in the defence wisely too.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
              Never get to high or too low.
              My life motto since 2003.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Enjoy your trip. Good to see you back.
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

LOL i never said you needed to come here and admit anything. You said "If anyone was curious im still not jumping on the Bolts Bandwagon"

Then my response was

"I dont think anyone expected you to jump on the Charger Bandwagon. I think they expected you to show up and admit you were wrong. LOL"

I was just giving you shit.

Anyways good to see you back.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Den and Acee have alot in common..
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• boltguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I just think you underestimated how important coaching is, or at least the talent of this current coaching staff. Good on ya for coming back to the board. And we certainly all make predictions that are way off.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Sun Valley, ID
                        • Send PM

Glad to see you back. I've met and talked with you before and know powder blue and gold runs in your veins. Hope you find some good conditions in Utah. The snow has been a little spotty so far this winter for us in the west but there is some good skiing to be had. The cross country skiing is good here, so guess where I'm headed in about an hour?

Comment

Working...
                        X