P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Chargerville
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Good teams do understand it's a marathon but usually good teams (let's take NE, GB PIT, SEA from the past decade) will pour it on and blow you out when they get the chance as opposed to letting up.

Comment

• Slingit17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Comment

• system.of.a.1st.down
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

It's actually their kicker before Zeurlein. lol

Hopefully we held back in the 2H for two reasons: preserve energy for next week's game, and to keep our playbook partially unexposed until we play the Rams.

I'd also like to think they're saving all their best stuff for me, when I see them play live again.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

It will be a fun and telling game for sure. But not having Bosa really hurts us in a huge way. I like when we are huge underdogs though. Im just less stressed out about the game. lol

Comment

• system.of.a.1st.down
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              It will be a fun and telling game for sure. But not having Bosa really hurts us in a huge way. I like when we are huge underdogs though. Im just less stressed out about the game. lol
              I think both Bradley and Lynn have gained trust in our young rookies -- Darwin, Nwosu, and White -- and they've gained confidence in themselves. Each game they've played this season has been better than the last. They're in game-shape now, and have live game experience in the NFL.

This could be scary for the Rams.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by system.of.a.1st.down View Post

I think both Bradley and Lynn have gained trust in our young rookies -- Darwin, Nwosu, and White -- and they've gained confidence in themselves. Each game they've played this season has been better than the last. They're in game-shape now, and have live game experience in the NFL.

This could be scary for the Rams.
                I agree. I couldnt be more happy with the development of these young players. Its shocking that James dropped so much. I have quietly wondered if his low wonderlich turned teams off. Bill Bellichick once said this about linebackers and having the smaller hybrid type guys instead of the big mauling linebackers. Its kind of exactly why i think we drafted the type of players we did. Its about the versatility and ability to stay on the field. We are still subbing in and out a lot but i think long term our young rookies on D will end up being 800 plus snap guys. And James 1000+ snaps.

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 5.40.05 PM.png

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

If you haven't watched the Rams this year...

I watched almost the entire Raiders game...but I didn't watch the Cardinals game as it was a blowout.

Against the Raiders, they ran an incredible amount of plays under Center... more than we're used to seeing this day and age.
                  -I'm sure there's statistics somewhere, and I don't have any, but it felt like about 75% of their snaps were under center.

3 Wideouts, 1 TE, and a RB (usually Gurley). Run, Run, Run, Play-action. Bootlegs off play action.

Little Shanny has a great feel for the game too. He'll mix it up, and run when a pass is expected, and pass when a run is expected.

I'm already getting prepared for the monsoon of posts complaining about the Chargers run defense, and lack of pass rush this coming Monday.
                  "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

I never saw anything that said James had Low wonderlich score. He seems like a smart guy to me with his ability to play different roles.

and some divisions, like the AFCE still go with the larger power players over smaller speedier guys. Gotta win you division first.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      I never saw anything that said James had Low wonderlich score. He seems like a smart guy to me with his ability to play different roles.

and some divisions, like the AFCE still go with the larger power players over smaller speedier guys. Gotta win you division first.
                      I think it was a 15. Not great. Not brutal.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                        If you haven't watched the Rams this year...

I watched almost the entire Raiders game...but I didn't watch the Cardinals game as it was a blowout.

Against the Raiders, they ran an incredible amount of plays under Center... more than we're used to seeing this day and age.
                        -I'm sure there's statistics somewhere, and I don't have any, but it felt like about 75% of their snaps were under center.

3 Wideouts, 1 TE, and a RB (usually Gurley). Run, Run, Run, Play-action. Bootlegs off play action.

Little Shanny has a great feel for the game too. He'll mix it up, and run when a pass is expected, and pass when a run is expected.

I'm already getting prepared for the monsoon of posts complaining about the Chargers run defense, and lack of pass rush this coming Monday.
                        I think you are thinking of McVay. Shanny is in San Francisco.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                          Coachmarkos commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yep. My mistake. Duh. Trying to post when busy at work usually leads to those slip ups.
                      • richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

The one thing that really scares me about the Rams game is our beat up oline against their dline. Rivers isn't going to have a lot of time in the pocket so it sounds like the game for Allen to go off.

Comment

Working...
                        X