Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Kony Ealy ?

Bolts are going to workout Kony Ealy today.
    That indicates, to me at least, that Bosa is going to be out until after the bye.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed
  • Chargerville
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Hopefully it just indicates that Isaac Rochell isn't a suitable Bosa replacement for the QB's that the Chargers are about to face in the next 2-3 weeks.

Kony Ealy won't be either (replacing Bosa is hard) but he probably is at the very least a step up from Rochell which the team can benefit from, even if Bosa's out for just 2-3 more weeks. The Chargers (from what I've observed) don't appear to be getting much of a pass rush with just their front 4... and I don't think the Chargers want to blitz as much as they have been in order to get to the QB.
    Last edited by Chargerville; 09-19-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

I've always liked Ealy. I hope we can land him! The P*ts let him go because he didn't fit their scheme.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Interesting. This Bosa thing is killing me.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Pay da man !
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

I do like the fact that Nwosu got more reps last week. I'm not sure he was on what would have been Bosa's side of the ball but he definitely made an impact.
            As for Ealy, how in the world did he not stick( New England?) and why is he not on anyone else's roster?
            If he's a bad dude, we certainly don't need that in the locker room.
            Ingram is DEFINITELY a product of The Bosa effect. Any other pass rushers would be greatly advantageous to our hopes of winning.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Nwosu is almost always on the strongside over the TE. Bosa and Ingram will flip and move around when on the field together. I like it when Ingram is at Leo and Bosa is 5T/3T next to him. We could potentially be a Bears type team and get monster pressure with a 3 man rush when Bosa comes back. Drop a DT into zone. lol Seattle does that a bit. We have so many DBs that our money D is amazing. But Bosa makes it work for us. We dont get a lot of coverage sacks.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Windsor, U.K.
                • Send PM

Like I said Fleet, this team will go as far as Bosa can take us. It's his team now.
                And I can't wait for him to return to see exactly what we've got.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                  I do like the fact that Nwosu got more reps last week. I'm not sure he was on what would have been Bosa's side of the ball but he definitely made an impact.
                  As for Ealy, how in the world did he not stick( New England?) and why is he not on anyone else's roster?
                  If he's a bad dude, we certainly don't need that in the locker room.
                  Ingram is DEFINITELY a product of The Bosa effect. Any other pass rushers would be greatly advantageous to our hopes of winning.
                  SupaMel is having a very good start to the season. Will it be better when Joey gets back? Yes but think of it reversed. If Mel was not playing would every team slide protection/double Joey? Yes and his production would suffer as well.
                  Mel has 5 tkls, 2 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 6 hurries, and 5 QB hits in 2 games.

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• Chargerville
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

SupaMel is having a very good start to the season. Will it be better when Joey gets back? Yes but think of it reversed. If Mel was not playing would every team slide protection/double Joey? Yes and his production would suffer as well.
                    Mel has 5 tkls, 2 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 6 hurries, and 5 QB hits in 2 games.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
                      Hopefully it just indicates that Isaac Rochell isn't a suitable Bosa replacement for the QB's that the Chargers are about to face in the next 2-3 weeks.

Kony Ealy won't be either (replacing Bosa is hard) but he probably is at the very least a step up from Rochell which the team can benefit from, even if Bosa's out for just 2-3 more weeks. The Chargers (from what I've observed) don't appear to be getting much of a pass rush with just their front 4... and I don't think the Chargers want to blitz as much as they have been in order to get to the QB.
                      Count me in if he is an upgrade over Rochell, never a good thing with an injury but hopefully when Bosa comes back he is fresh and we finish the season strong, we have some nice parts of defense, with I am saying it already Defensive Rookie of the Year Derwin James, and I like White and Nwosu, we are faster on D, time for Emanul to ride the pine. The secondary looks good with weak link being Addae.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery