• Show
Clear All
  • Iowachargers
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Dow City, Iowa
    • Send PM

One concern.

It bothers me that the chargers have trouble getting a first down on 3rd and short. If I remember right it happened twice today. Cincy put in a defensive lineman three times on their 3rd and shorts to come in and hit the first person he sees. Think they executed all their plays for first downs. Would like to see the chargers do this.
  • Buck
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

McCoy was really respecting the Bengals D. I suspect he will open it up a bit more next week.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Plus, Mathews was out the whole second half.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

How come Rivers cannot sneak for 6 inches? This has bothered me ALL season.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Iowachargers
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Dow City, Iowa
          • Send PM

What I mean is, the chargers had a 3rd and inches with just over 4 mins to play and they gave the ball to McClain and he got stuffed. Why don't they have a big d lineman come in and block for r brown on that play, like the bengals did on their 3rd and shorts? They were successful on their conversions. Brown got stuffed down by the goal line also and had to settle for a field goal.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            How come Rivers cannot sneak for 6 inches? This has bothered me ALL season.

TG
            His whole career
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers View Post
              What I mean is, the chargers had a 3rd and inches with just over 4 mins to play and they gave the ball to McClain and he got stuffed. Why don't they have a big d lineman come in and block for r brown on that play, like the bengals did on their 3rd and shorts? They were successful on their conversions. Brown got stuffed down by the goal line also and had to settle for a field goal.
              Hate that play. The up back is standing upright when he gets the ball with no momentum to the hole.

HOCKKKKKKK!!!11!!
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

That said, it's worked several times this season.

I wasn't that worried about it today, and I knew it was coming, so you know the Bengals knew it, too.

Just don't fumble...keep the clock running, and punt it away safely.

Honestly, having Scifres back there isn't a bad option...what did the announcers say today ONE Touchback all season? There is something to be said for field position, and time of possesion. It may be different if our punter wasn't the MASTER at downing the ball inside the 10...but he is.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I wish we would try reyes in the peko role. that dude is an athlete. maybe even give him the ball like the jets did with richardson

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

Agree it was disappointing, but it was expected. Everyone knew we were running it up the middle and Cincy has an impressive D, especially their front 7. Rivers said after the game the play calls were super vanilla because they felt the defense was controlling the game well enough that they didn't need to take any unnecessary risks.

Comment

• KNSD
                      Registered Charger Hater
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                      Agree it was disappointing, but it was expected. Everyone knew we were running it up the middle and Cincy has an impressive D, especially their front 7. Rivers said after the game the play calls were super vanilla because they felt the defense was controlling the game well enough that they didn't need to take any unnecessary risks.
                      That's what it sounded like to me too. That first drive of the second half was all out, then boring stuff the rest of the way.
                      Prediction:
                      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

It is so refreshing to see us do to other teams what they did to us during Marty and Norv's early years - keep it close, play smart and let the "more talented" team self destruct.

Comment

Working...
                        X