• Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Thoughts On Chargers Losing to the Lambs Week 3 - Postgame

• richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

I'm very disappointed in the entire coaching staff in this game, just like the KC game.

We have a lot of talent on offense and should be doing more with it. Watching KC and the Rams attacking with their weapons and then watching our dull, predictable offense and it is such a remarkable difference. The Rams had both starting corners out and in the 4th quarter we are running and throwing underneath. Why not attack, especially with how bad our defense was playing? We extended our streak to 20 straight games without a score on our opening drive. How can that possibly be with the skill players we have? We have way to many uninspired starts, which really points to the coaching staff not getting them ready.

Clearly we aren't close to the defense as when Bosa plays. If I were Telesco, I'd extend him now. I also think that we miss Liuget a lot, despite what some here think of him. Disappointed Bradley didn't seem to make any adjustments in the game to slow them down. Forcing one punt in the entire game (with less than 8 minutes left) is beyond pathetic. Clearly we need more help on the dline and at linebacker. Teams are abusing our front 7.

Special teams killed us yet again, leaving us in a big hole, just like KC, that we could never climb out of.

It's way too early to start questioning Lynn, but the start of his tenure looks an awful lot like the start of McCoy's as our head coach and we saw how that ended. If we don't starting showing a lot of improvement over the next month I'll really start to wonder. We have way to much talent to play one good half of football in 3 games.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
      To state the obvious the Chargers special teams beyond suck. Missing a PAT after answering the Rams opening touchdown put the Bolts in a hole they could not climb out of. Adding a blocked punt in the end zone for a Rams gives the special teams another F in a long line of failures.

The Chargers could not stop the Rams when they needed to.
      Couldnt stop them at all is more like it. And we both had two turnovers so it was even.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-23-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

The good news is the September exhibition season is almost over. One more game, then we can start playing some ball.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
          SLAM DUNK!
          • Jun 2013
          • East County San Diego
          • Bolt fanatic
          • Send PM

We lost to two undefeated teams. Defense and special teams have been bad but the schedule gets easier so hopefully we can start stacking wins and get better and make a playoff run
          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
            We lost to two undefeated teams. Defense and special teams have been bad but the schedule gets easier so hopefully we can start stacking wins and get better and make a playoff run
            This is very true, but those 2 losses pointed out the very long way we have to go to be considered an elite team. We are, deservedly, just an afterthought in that conversation.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              Its possible we lost to the superbowl representatives.

Comment

• marionbutts
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Former Football Player
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I was having some Superbowl XXIX flashbacks during this one

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

They do meet up later this season. Should be a great game.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                    SLAM DUNK!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • East County San Diego
                    • Bolt fanatic
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

This is very true, but those 2 losses pointed out the very long way we have to go to be considered an elite team. We are, deservedly, just an afterthought in that conversation.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by marionbutts View Post

I was having some Superbowl XXIX flashbacks during this one
                      I saw on twittter someone post something to that effect. We made some big plays but our defense was getting shredded so I do see the similarities

marion butts once came in to the DMV where my dad was working and handed out autographed hats. That was my first chargers hat ever

Comment

• JOJAX85
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Irmo, SC
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        I'm very disappointed in the entire coaching staff in this game, just like the KC game.

We have a lot of talent on offense and should be doing more with it. Watching KC and the Rams attacking with their weapons and then watching our dull, predictable offense and it is such a remarkable difference. The Rams had both starting corners out and in the 4th quarter we are running and throwing underneath. Why not attack, especially with how bad our defense was playing? We extended our streak to 20 straight games without a score on our opening drive. How can that possibly be with the skill players we have? We have way to many uninspired starts, which really points to the coaching staff not getting them ready.

Clearly we aren't close to the defense as when Bosa plays. If I were Telesco, I'd extend him now. I also think that we miss Liuget a lot, despite what some here think of him. Disappointed Bradley didn't seem to make any adjustments in the game to slow them down. Forcing one punt in the entire game (with less than 8 minutes left) is beyond pathetic. Clearly we need more help on the dline and at linebacker. Teams are abusing our front 7.

Special teams killed us yet again, leaving us in a big hole, just like KC, that we could never climb out of.

It's way too early to start questioning Lynn, but the start of his tenure looks an awful lot like the start of McCoy's as our head coach and we saw how that ended. If we don't starting showing a lot of improvement over the next month I'll really start to wonder. We have way to much talent to play one good half of football in 3 games.
                        I think I agree with this. Bosa is a game changer & I'm not sure he ever liked dealing with the Spanos family so if he gets to free agency, I think he walks. Lock him up now.

Comment

Working...
                        X