Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    walker was the most under appreciated pickup in telescos first year. his versatility saved us, especially when butler/te'o/ingram/johnson were all injured. We better re-sign him.
    Agree with this. Like that guy. He definitely qualifies as "quality depth". Gotta have players like that on your roster.

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
      walker was the most under appreciated pickup in telescos first year. his versatility saved us, especially when butler/te'o/ingram/johnson were all injured. We better re-sign him.
      I'd say Walker saved the ILB rotation and Keiser the OLB rotation during injury periods.

Remember the dark days of starting Burnt Bird and Gachkar when Butler and/or Te'O were injured/out?
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Kind of lost in the shuffle is that he has been playing really well on ST and even getting some OK pass rushes as an OLB.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Walker was a special teams ace for AZ. When he was signed, that was the primary reason. All his time in the defense has been a huge bonus. I hope he is resigned.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
            I might be wrong but I don't think so. Dunlap came from Philly and Coach D coached in Buffalo and KC before that.
            I believe I read somewhere that Coach D coached King in a collegiate all star game of some sort( or something like that) So, while he may not have played for him for any length of time, their paths did cross and King received coaching from Coach D and it obviously had an impact.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
              Walker was a special teams ace for AZ. When he was signed, that was the primary reason. All his time in the defense has been a huge bonus. I hope he is resigned.

TG
              One thing that make him very valuable was that he is a good coverage guy. He got a lot of playing time in the nickle early in the season. This coming season, if we lose Butler, then we can afford to draft a rookie to play ILB and let him focus on the base D while while Walker can play in the nickle opposite Teo.

Comment

Working...
              X