• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

So does Gilchrist ever go back to SS?

I really thought Gilhrist was miscast as the SS from the get go. With the way Addai has been improving and the way that Gilchrist excels in the slot, I hope they just keep it that way in the future. Addai, for his size, really lays the lumber. And he has enough coverage ability to get by and he will only get better. Gilchrist has been lights out in the slot. The moves here have really allowed Weddle to do what he does a lot more the last few games.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

hopefully he doesn't have to. I actually saw Stuckey out there on defense and involved on a big pass breakup/incompletion late in the Bungles game. They can keep coaching up Addai and we STILL need to find out what we have (or not) in Taylor. Not sure we even need to invest a high pick on S anymore unless he is clearly BPA. If we get Steve Williams and Patrick back full strength and another offseason of good coaching, the secondary should be much less of a concern.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• KNSD
      Registered Charger Hater
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Gilcrest and Weddle are better as nickel safeties that play closer to the LOS. Not saying Weddle should be demoted, but am saying he should move closer to the LOS in nickel situations.

So no, Gilcrest should not be moved back to deep safety.
      Prediction:
      Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
      Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
      Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• CTrout
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Funny how good a secondary can look when the front 7 gets
        pressure on the QB.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          I really thought Gilhrist was miscast as the SS from the get go. With the way Addai has been improving and the way that Gilchrist excels in the slot, I hope they just keep it that way in the future. Addai, for his size, really lays the lumber. And he has enough coverage ability to get by and he will only get better. Gilchrist has been lights out in the slot. The moves here have really allowed Weddle to do what he does a lot more the last few games.

TG
          The size has not proven to be a factor, what has proven to be a factor is he has steadly improved, and I am looking forward to seeing what he does to improve in the off-season and enter camp with a year of experience.

Not saying he is Bob Sanders, but you can see some similarities, let's just hope he stays healthy unlike Sanders.

With that being said Brandon Taylor you better be working your ass off in the offseason, or you will be strictly special teams, Gilchrist can go back to corner (nickel).

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Well if Taylor ever plays and becomes the player we had thought/hoped he could be...that presents us with a nice little dilemma.

Be a nice change to actually have a surplus of talent in the secondary for once.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

Working...
            X