• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Post Playoff Victory National Media Takes

The national media is just so awful. We haven't gotten much run in the media all year (for many obvious and justifiable reasons). But we win a post season game in impressive fashion and I look excitedly to Monday to see a slew of national media discussing us as one of the final eight teams but I've come across nothing but a series of uninformed articles and bad takes. Let's collect them all here.

1. Colin Cowherd making a point that the NFL is a QB driven league: "It's all about QBs. Look who's left in the NFL: Brees, Brady, Peyton, Kaepernick, Luck, Russell Wilson and Cam." He leaves ONE guy out and it's RIVERS? Cam Newton, Kaepernick and Wilson on the list and Rivers an oversight? (Not to demean those others, but Rivers has more track record than all of them maybe even combined).

2. Andy Dalton not a winning QB narrative.

3. Bengals just the Bengals.

4. Denver deathly afraid to face Chargers again.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

I want to know about all those guys who said we didn't deserve to even be in the playoffs are saying now. I can understand the sentiment that Pitt might have been able to beat Cinci (although I think Cinci would have crushed Pitt), but by 17 in Cinci? The Steelers weren't doing anything very impressive this season.

The win in cinci gives us legitimacy after the way we got in, and I like the chances against any other team.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I dont give the "SD didn't deserve to be in the playoffs" much credence. Their chief complaints were about bad calls and injuries. Things we've been on the negative end of our fair share in recent years. So I don't really care.

But I do think that beating that D in the fashion that we did in their house is a real accomplishment. And no one's really saying that. It's all about how bad Dalton is. That's fine. I'd rather hear more of that crap than they whole bit talking us up about beating Denver earlier in the year. Prefer to just go out and take care of business than worry too much about talking points.

But reading and listening to all the takes today, the small bit thats said about the Bolts seems utterly devoid of context and fairly uninformed about this team and our season. I really hope we win enough to force them to do their homework.

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        I dont give the "SD didn't deserve to be in the playoffs" much credence. Their chief complaints were about bad calls and injuries. Things we've been on the negative end of our fair share in recent years. So I don't really care.

But I do think that beating that D in the fashion that we did in their house is a real accomplishment. And no one's really saying that. It's all about how bad Dalton is. That's fine. I'd rather hear more of that crap than they whole bit talking us up about beating Denver earlier in the year. Prefer to just go out and take care of business than worry too much about talking points.

But reading and listening to all the takes today, the small bit thats said about the Bolts seems utterly devoid of context and fairly uninformed about this team and our season. I really hope we win enough to force them to do their homework.
        Good points all around, especially how we handled that D.....Sharpe and Boomer were yucking it up before the game, almost laughable that the Chargers were even in the playoffs....after the game when they went back to studio before the audio came on it looked like someone fucking died on the set, glum woud be an understatement.

right now we are just being ignored and disrespected, just wait til we beat the Broncs and derail the Manning suckfest, then get ready for hate and loathing.
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I noticed it immediately after the win.

Even yesterday, 80% of the chatter and highlights were about the 49ers/Packers. "Oh by the way the Chargers won but it was mainly because Dalton sucked." It's pretty ridiculous. Even the Broncos fans on Orangemane are being INCREDIBLY overconfident, still talking about how we barely beat the Chiefs backups, Dalton bailed us out, etc. The best one is that the only reason we beat them in Denver is because it was a short week and they had little time to prepare. As if they were the only ones on a short week.
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Zot
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Good points all around, especially how we handled that D.....Sharpe and Boomer were yucking it up before the game, almost laughable that the Chargers were even in the playoffs....after the game when they went back to studio before the audio came on it looked like someone fucking died on the set, glum woud be an understatement.

right now we are just being ignored and disrespected, just wait til we beat the Broncs and derail the Manning suckfest, then get ready for hate and loathing.
            Is it to much to hope for?!!! I want to see confidence, just not over-confidence. We HAVE to take care of our business in Denver.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

I want to beat Denver so bad......even if we win the Superbowl I think that looking back on the playoff run that beating Denver might be the highlight that sticks out in my mind.

I can't wait for this game.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• CTrout
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Overall I think the pre/post game shows suck. Theres about 3-4 guys who's opinions I respect, the rest of these "experts" are just a bunch of clowns. I'd be willing to bet most die hard fans are more informed then the guys on those shows.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Time to derail this Mannings suckfests

HOCKKKKKKK!!!11!!
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• TABF
                    Por debajo del promedio
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SoCal
                    • Send PM

Read an article today that said we had 39 million viewers for our game yesterday which was the largest viewing audience for WC weekend in 20 years. Not sure where I found the link but it was some Hollywood reporter site (sorry OIP, no link). Now I'm sure the current winter blast most of the country is getting played some role in that, but in the end, many people watched us play and we played well and that probably doesn't sit well w/potential AFC opponents. Very very few in the media have ever given us any respect... currently I don't mind and I hope everyone looks past us.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Question:

Will McCoy say "We're going to beat Denver on Thursday night, not play close." or will he say "We're going with a goal to beat Denver on Thursday night, not play close."

Comment

• ICE
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                        I noticed it immediately after the win.

Even yesterday, 80% of the chatter and highlights were about the 49ers/Packers. "Oh by the way the Chargers won but it was mainly because Dalton sucked." It's pretty ridiculous. Even the Broncos fans on Orangemane are being INCREDIBLY overconfident, still talking about how we barely beat the Chiefs backups, Dalton bailed us out, etc. The best one is that the only reason we beat them in Denver is because it was a short week and they had little time to prepare. As if they were the only ones on a short week.
                        This is my take as well. Yesterday on NFL countdown it was 90% Packers vs Nners talk... the chargers losing to the mighty bungles was an afterthought and not worthy of discussion. Chargers are not a sexy pick and that ok with me because I am enjoying the talking heads and opposing overconfident fans eating some crow! I went to bungles boards all week looking at the over the top confident posting and could not wait to see them boo hooing after the game... SWEEETNESS! Just like donkey fans are doing now and all the media ball washers who love the donkeys and their QB. Good, going to enjoy this week and hoepfully we can keep the dream alive
                        Some people say the Bolts shouldn't even be in the playoffs....

Comment

Working...
                        X