• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Wolf not likely to play

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

So, Denver is down their best defender( Miller), a top performer on D( Wolfe), Peyton Manning doesn't know to beat us, Rivers kills the Broncos( especially in Denver), and yet, we're the underdogs?
    I'm not quite sure I follow that logic.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
      So, Denver is down their best defender( Miller), a top performer on D( Wolfe), Peyton Manning doesn't know to beat us, Rivers kills the Broncos( especially in Denver), and yet, we're the underdogs?
      I'm not quite sure I follow that logic.
      did you forget the part where peyton manning is the greatest player that ever lived, or ever will live? did you?!?

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Well in the interest of fairness, the only fair thing to do is to acknowledge that Peyton broke the regular season records for TD passes (with one that was not really a TD but they gave it to him anyway) and yards passing (with one lateral that they counted incorrectly as a pass that they gave to him anyway). And Manning has a 9-11 playoff record with ..... 8 one and dones. Including last year, when, in all fairness, the Broncos should have won. To be fair.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• WindsorUK
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Windsor, U.K.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
          did you forget the part where peyton manning is the greatest player that ever lived, or ever will live? did you?!?
          Well, I guess there is that.............:youaretheman:

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Hey quit giving the "all-time passing yards leader in the history of the NFL"* a hard time.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Not to get too ahead of myself...but if RM is too hurt to be effective and the running game as a whole sort of stalls...against THIS particular defense that might not necessarily be a bad thing as I think we can move it thru the air on them just as effectively. Granted, we need/WANT the running game to be effective for many reasons (TOP, keep Manning on the bench, etc), but I'll also take a Rivers statement game too.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

A lot of people are still slobbering all over the #1 scoring offense.

But in the games I watched this season, a lot of them were fairly low scoring until the late 3rd and 4th qtrs. Then Denver usually would make score, stop trying to play ball control, followed by one or more turnovers, giving Den great field position and it was all downhill. So, the flip side of their high powered offense is that teams played into their game plan a lot. Not that just hand over the game to Den, but they often let the pressure of the moment get to them. And now that many of the guys who force the turnovers are down, I am not sure that dynamic is going to be there for them.

I think the big thing we need to keep doing is just keep running the ball, mixing in the pass and don't become one dimensional. Shaun Phillips is basically their only pass rusher left. He had 6.5 of his 10 sacks in the first 8 weeks. 6 of his 10 sacks came on 3rd and long, many when they had a lead or in the 3rd/4th qrt when teams feel the pressure from Manning. So, mostly we need to keep moving the ball eating the clock and make sure we panic and do something stupid.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Well in the interest of fairness, the only fair thing to do is to acknowledge that Peyton broke the regular season records for TD passes (with one that was not really a TD but they gave it to him anyway) and yards passing (with one lateral that they counted incorrectly as a pass that they gave to him anyway). And Manning has a 9-11 playoff record with ..... 8 one and dones. Including last year, when, in all fairness, the Broncos should have won. To be fair.

TG
                  The "Should have" philosophy that worked so well in analyzing last year's team.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    So, mostly we need to keep moving the ball eating the clock and make sure we panic and do something stupid.

I think I would prefer that we not panic and do something stupid. But I acknowledge there are different ways to win a ballgame

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Wolfe is a big loss IMO. He was their best interior lineman since he was drafted last season and a big reason they improved in run defense. It's pretty close of an impact to us losing Liuget.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Wolfe is a big loss IMO. He was their best interior lineman since he was drafted last season and a big reason they improved in run defense. It's pretty close of an impact to us losing Liuget.
                        He didnt play against us the last time either. Im not worried about their defense. Its stopping their offense is what im worried about. They may even have Champ Bailey back but so what, Rivers has had success throwing at him for years and he is old ans slower now.

Need to get some 3 and outs on their offense.

Comment

Working...
                        X