• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Funny.....

Funny....KC demonstrated excellent depth in the final game of the season -- the media picked up on it -- but when they lost Charles, Flowers and Avery, well, no one could have been expected to win under those circumstances.

Funny...KC was up by 28 points without those guys but they still choked. But it is because of the injuries. Again, no one can win if they have some key injuries.

Funny...KC has lost every playoff game for, what, 20 years? But I read and hear very little about being chokers (like the Chargers were called under Marty and Norv). Instead, I read and hear about poor Kansas City. You got to feel for those guys. Bengals are being whipped up pretty good for the same thing. Why are the Chiefs off limits?

Funny... Chargers lost their star RB early, their best lineman in the first series, played without their starting NT (not to mention the losses of guys like Floyd, Alexander, etc). But that has never been mentioned.

Funny...The Chargers game, in which the Chargers dominated, irrespective of stats, was the clunker. The Chargers have no business in the playoffs. But the games in which teams barely won, or made stupid plays, demonstrated that they belong.

Funny...Reid should be coach of the year for taking a team stacked with pro bowlers (they had a ton even in the 2-14 Crennel disaster season), going 2-5 to close out the season, losing in first round in choker fashion. But McCoy is barely mentioned.

Funny.... The Chiefs have Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, Justin Houston, Brandon Flowers, Eric (overrated) Berry, Sean Smith, Dontarie Poe and a host of other talented players but the KC media is lamenting the lack of talent on defense. And saying the team needs to upgrade. And that Reid, with all that existing talent that is not producing, should be coach of the year.

Funny...when listing how the top QBs all are still in the playoffs, the media guy on the radio omits Philip Rivers.

Funny....when the Patriots win ugly, play mistake free, take away the ball, lose on the stat sheet, they are hailed as a team that finds a way to win and plays smart disciplined football. When the Chargers do that, it is because the other team stinks.

Funny...the media is already gearing up for Peyton vs Luck or Peyton vs Tom. But not much about Peyton vs Rivers (except for good old LT and Heath Evans who both said Rivers and the Chargers are in Manning's head and are going to win).

Funny....Weddle says the media is making too big a deal of Melvin and they need to knock it off. How refreshing to hear a player chastise the scribblers.

Funny...all of a sudden it is unheard of for diehard fans to say "we" when they talk about their favorite team. That has been going on for decades. Just like us guys wearing official game jerseys with our names on the back. That is what being a true fan is about. It is why the NFL exists. It is where all the MONEY comes from. If I want to say "we" (those two little letters....reminds me of a speech from a stubborn German) that is my right. So take that, Mr.-let-me-say-I-am-asking-a-question-but-am-really-using-this-opportuinty-to-make-my-own-points reporter.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Funny...thread. Love it. All true. Acee's new name: Assee.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

What's this about Weddle and too big of a deal about Ingram?
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Heatmiser
        BetterToday ThanYesterday
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
        What's this about Weddle and too big of a deal about Ingram?
        It's in his press conference on chargers.com. He tells the media assembled to cool it or Melvin will get a big head. Says he is trying to keep guys humble and focused. He meant it. Said it in a very friendly way and complemented Ingram up and down. But he meant it. Weddle is a good leader.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• KNSD
          Registered Charger Hater
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What Acee article did I miss here?
          Prediction:
          Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
          Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
          Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
          X