• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Acee Article

Kevin doing his best to keep the Chargers grounded. Here is a sample....

...and another

They were without Wes Welker on offense, and four defensive starters from their November game in San Diego did not play that night. Welker and three of the defenders will play Sunday.
    Way to go, Kev! What a Charger homer this guy is.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Every game has players out and in. Not an excuse.

Bottom line is we played Denver tough in both games. I'm sorry but to have near 40 minutes of offense on they 2 out of 2 shows me they have a defense that can be exploited. We gave up a couple of key plays in game one that really was what cost us the game. We really dominated on most sides of the ball last time and never made critical mistakes AND our defense showed it really can be strategically effective with the D getting past some of the learning curve this first year.

We might choke and make a few critical mistakes and lose. Then again they may do the same...they are human and have had to come back a few times this year to get out of trouble...they really didnt play well against the Jags for instance...really? The Anointed not doing well against the Jags?

I'd say its a 50-50. We are confident and are playing at a high level. Denver hasn't played in a few weeks and Welker has been out a month. We hit these guys hard, come out strong on the lines and we can lay some wood out there. We have the ability to come back if under the gun too and their D isn't all world and is down a few pass rushers. We will get our shots and i'm confident Rivers is studying Denver as we speak. We had a great game plan last time and out-executed the #1 team in football. We have what it takes.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Kevin doing his best to keep the Chargers grounded. Here is a sample....

“It was just one of those games we just weren’t at our best,” Broncos linebacker Wesley Woodyard said Monday to the Denver media. “I really don’t remember too much about it, but I do remember we really didn’t have that edge that we should have had on the field. It happens, and it can’t happen again. That was just one of those nights we didn’t show up to play our best game.”

And while, as a San Diego columnist, I’d love to take issue with t that assertion, I cannot.

You can see where it might be true that the Broncos tripped over their own excellence when the Chargers went to Sports Authority Field and temporarily stalled the inevitability that was Peyton Manning & Co.’s trek to being the AFC’s top seed

...and another

They were without Wes Welker on offense, and four defensive starters from their November game in San Diego did not play that night. Welker and three of the defenders will play Sunday.
      Way to go, Kev! What a Charger homer this guy is.

TG
      The review for "Shark Sandwich" was merely a two word review which simply read "Shit Sandwich".

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

The other thing not mentioned is that football teams tend to peak and wane at different times in the season.

The Chargers were a marginal team early on, but have gotten a lot better, with a lot of our younger players getting better every week. We are peaking at the right time. A couple of guys, like Rivers and Gates, have had a couple of weeks of in-game vacations too. Now they should be relatively fresh (at least Rivers arm should be).

They were playing at a very high level earlier in the year, but they are an older, vet team. They seem like they are past their peak efficiency, with many of their key players out (Wolfe and Miller) or not performing well lately (Shaun Phillips). Maybe they will bounce back from the week off, but many teams don't late in the season. Watching them, they just seem like a team that may have peaked a while ago. They are still going to be very tough, because if we make any mistakes they will capitalize on them, but they are a team with some very obvious weaknesses. We just need to have faith that the Chargers will have a great plan and just come out and execute. They have been doing it every week for a while now.

Comment

• Wheels
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

How many times in the last 10 years were the Chargers the better team on paper but lost. It's not much of a guarantee. And beside, head to head, they have a single point advantage over us, and we settled for a lot of field goals on long drives the first matchup.

Comment

Working...
          X