Chargers open as a 6.5 point favorite over the Titans.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

The Titans have given up the second lowest points in the league but their offense is awful. If our defense plays like its capable, we should win.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

This is why I HATE NFL games overseas. It is just stupid. And I doubt the Brits really care much about the NFL. Some day there will be a team there and it will make a mess of everything. All because someone feels they can make more money on it. They want the superbowl to become the world cup.

TG
        I dont like it either and ive seen some players grumble about the plane flight and how long it is. Thats why i say having a team in London will never work. No players will want to play there and will leave a soon as their contract is up and they wont be able to sign any free agents. Just dumb on the NFLs part but all they care about is money, not what any of the players or coaches have to go through.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont like it either and ive seen some players grumble about the plane flight and how long it is. Thats why i say having a team in London will never work. No players will want to play there and will leave a soon as their contract is up and they wont be able to sign any free agents. Just dumb on the NFLs part but all they care about is money, not what any of the players or coaches have to go through.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

No different tax issues than any other profession involving working abroad as a US citizen.

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Titans (3-3) vs. Chargers (4-2) in London

Opening line: Chargers -6.5

This game is being played in London and as we mentioned last week, the favored team almost always wins in England. Since the international series began in 2007, the favored team has gone 16-5-1 straight-up and 14-8 ATS, which bodes well for the Chargers. Another thing that bodes well for the Chargers is that they've been unbeatable when favored by six or more points. The past 15 times that's happened, the Chargers have gone 15-0 straight-up and 8-7 ATS. As for the Titans, they've actually been pretty good at pulling off the upset when they're a big underdog. Since Marcus Mariota's rookie year in 2015, the Titans have been an underdog of six or more points a total of eight times and they've gone 4-4 both straight-up and ATS. This will be the Titans' first game ever in London. On the Chargers end, this will be their second appearance. Philip Rivers lost a 37-32 shootout to the Saints in 2008. One weird tidbit in this series to keep in mind is that the Chargers are 8-0-1 ATS (8-1 straight-up) against the Titans since the team moved from Houston to Tennessee in 1997.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Interesting fact:
                The Chargers are the only NFL team that has scored at least 3 offensive touchdowns in every game this season.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I think it would be a huge deal for free agents, and then you bring up more crap for them to worry about lol. Who the hell wants to take 15 hour plane flights every week, or every other week? My guess is nobody!
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-15-2018, 04:55 PM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                    Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think it would be a huge deal for free agents, and then you bring up more crap for them to worry about lol. Who the hell wants to take 15 hour plane flights every week, or every other week? My guess is nobody!
                    9 hour flight from London to Seattle. 7-9 for eastern US. They would schedule to reduce number of flights

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

9 hour flight from London to Seattle. 7-9 for eastern US. They would schedule to reduce number of flights
                      Don't know about that. My Daughter has flown to London twice from Las Vegas and I'm Pretty sure she said it was 11-12 hours. Saying 15 was probably too much but even at 11, or even 9.... Doing it every other week is a lot.
                      maybe to you it's no big deal but you aren't the one that has to do it.

Did you hear Melvin Gordon talking about it when Deone Sanders Called him on NFL Primetime? Melvin said "Whew thats gonna be a long flight". Yeah he sounded thrilled. Gruden also didnt sound thrilled having to make that flight. Its just a bad idea by the NFL.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-15-2018, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Panamamike
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post

This is the same league that just scheduled the ravens 3 weeks in a row on the road....has teams playing thursday vs team off a bye, teams playing div rivals both games in the first half of the season etc etc. they can't make a fair and decent travel/rest schedule domestically. Lets master that one first NFL, before adding a new wrinkle into the mix.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

This is the same league that just scheduled the ravens 3 weeks in a row on the road....has teams playing thursday vs team off a bye, teams playing div rivals both games in the first half of the season etc etc. they can't make a fair and decent travel/rest schedule domestically. Lets master that one first NFL, before adding a new wrinkle into the mix.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X