• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Maybe Bolts Will Be fortunate To Have An Owner like Paul Allen One Day

Paul Allen owner of the Seattle Seahawks and Portland TrailBlazers has died today from cancer. Now normally i wouldn't be talking about an owner from another team dying but being that I am huge TrailBlazer fan I felt that I could. I know he didn't win a championship with one but was a regular fixture at most TrailBlazer games. But when he became the owner of the Seahawks he turned that franchise around and saved them from practically leaving Seattle. I hate Seattle but imo Paul Allen was probably the best owner in all of sports and would pay the players the money and hire the right coach to win a championship. I know he tried with the TrailBlazers and came close with them but he just couldn't sign any key marquee free agents to come to Portland because of us being a small market team.
  • Rugger05
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Sad to hear this. I lost my father to the same disease my senior year in HS. He was a great owner

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Lost my mother to non-hodgkins lymphoma. Devastating.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
        Sad to hear this. I lost my father to the same disease my senior year in HS. He was a great owner
        Yeah it'll be interesting to see who now will be owners of the TrailBlazers and Seahawks. I know when Al Davis died his son Mark Davis became the owner. Not sure how that is going to work with the TrailBlaers and Seahawks.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

Yeah it'll be interesting to see who now will be owners of the TrailBlazers and Seahawks. I know when Al Davis died his son Mark Davis became the owner. Not sure how that is going to work with the TrailBlaers and Seahawks.
          They were speculating on TV tonight that it might be his sister.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

They were speculating on TV tonight that it might be his sister.
            Probably.

What an interesting life he lived.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Microsoft dude... good person, made millions out of us... sad news.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

He was a pretty good musician as well, I've read. He was thinking of being the next Jimi.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

To have an owner like that for the Chargers would be a dream come true. I fear we wont win shit as long as the Spanos clan is in charge.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

One of my favorite Paul Allen stories is when he was donating a very large sum to a save a corral reef effort. He took his yacht, that can have 2 helicopters land on it, to do the press conference around the donation. Something went wrong with one of the anchors on his yacht and it was dragged through the reef destroying parts on the way. I believe he doubled the donation after that.
                    He was a true philanthropist and tried to do many good works with his wealth.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Screeme
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I live in the Northwest, and have seen the effects he's had on this area. (I even worked for a company he owned for awhile.. Charter Communications.. not that I ever met the guy, haha)

There's been stories on the sports radio all morning. They told one where pete Carroll found Marshawn Lynch talking to him on Lynch's first day in the facility. When Carroll got to him, Lynch said, something like. "I don't know who that was, but he was a cool ass old dude" Carroll had to clue him in it was the team owner. Haha

He was about as good a sports team owner as you could ask for. Loved the game, and really wanted his teams to win, and willing to pay for it. I can't say he made every right move, but you always knew his heart was in it.

Reports are his sister doesn't want any part of ownership. Technically his company "Vulcan" owns the teams.. so presumably there will be a CEO or something that will assume ownership responsibilities for the time being. But, more than likely the Trailblazers and Seahawks will eventually be sold. Whatever happens, I can't believe he didn't have a plan in place. It's just going to take some time to sort out.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post

Reports are his sister doesn't want any part of ownership. Technically his company "Vulcan" owns the teams.. so presumably there will be a CEO or something that will assume ownership responsibilities for the time being. But, more than likely the Trailblazers and Seahawks will eventually be sold.
                        I can see her not wanting ownership, but who does his fortune go to?

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                        X