• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Last I read he was worth $600 million. What business practices of his stop you from buying his pizza?
    So nothing?
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Kyle
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      You should see the many Lawyer commercials here in Vegas. Talk about awful acting.

So, Papa Johns or Little Ceasars?
      All the Vegas lawyers have numbers like 444-4444 or 222-2222. Driving by the billboards are funny... Every billboard you see is identical, just a different face and number.
      sigpic

Comment

• Vermstyr
        ACEofSPADES11
        • Jun 2013
        • Mass
        • Send PM

Personally, I think Dominos has gotten way better in terms of quality and I would say the quality now matches the pricing they have. The past few years they changed a lot of things and are definitely enjoyable for the price.

If you have not tried Dominos in the past 2 years I recommend it (which I wouldn't have done over 2 years ago) otherwise you still may believe it to be as bad as it used to be.

A lot of the local pizza joints around me have had major declines in quality, so it feels weird that Dominos now has better pizza than a lot of the local places... I have like 10+ pizza places in my town alone too!

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          So nothing?
          What am I missing?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Huh?

Comment

• johnnywyoming
              Eeyore is Joey's #1 fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Oregon
              • Retirement
              • Send PM

Here's a bit from an unfinished short story of mine. The best pizza place in the world that no longer exists. I believe it was in La Jolla:

When the show was over the crowds began to drift off. Pope’s basket was full of cash, he had just enough left over to buy a pizza. Taking one last look toward the darkening sea, Pope and David walked over to Carnegie A440 Pizza Hall. A red-frocked doorman tipped his hat as they walked inside to be welcomed by the sound of light jazz. They were shown to their favorite booth, the one with the old paintings of Ray Kroc and Colonel Sanders on the partition, as if seated at the table. Ray was eating chicken while the Colonel munched on a Big Mac. Pope ordered a large pizza with everything on it including synthesized ham and pepperoni; the real thing was no longer palatable. The pizza was covered with marinated cauliflower, coconut, cherries and pineapple among the other ingredients. The stuff melted in your mouth. Helped along by a Napa Valley wine, the crescendo built up only to be topped off by New York cheesecake. It was times like this that Pope loved being a warm Fuzzy. Global temperatures had just gone up a notch.
              Last edited by johnnywyoming; 01-12-2014, 11:02 AM.
              Thank God for morons. Without them who would the rest of us have to blame things on?

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I had pappa johns once and it was so bad that i won't go back.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

Papa Johns... "Hey, the carbs in this pizza aren't going to make you fat enough. Here's some extra butter to pour on that shit."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                    Papa Johns... "Hey, the carbs in this pizza aren't going to make you fat enough. Here's some extra butter to pour on that shit."
                    LOL, well thats the only thing that makes it taste good.

Comment

• floydefisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • siberiacuse, ny
                      • Send PM

Here's my take.

Pappa Johns is ok for pizza, but I'd rather have a good NYPD Pizza any day over them.

Last time I had Dominos, it might have actually been decent pizza, but the crust was undercooked and doughy.

Pizza Hut I would never eat due to it being greasy enough to lube my car.

Little Caesars is just cardboard anymore.

That's pretty much my experience with chain pizzas.
                      sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Papa Johns lost my business when Peyton Manning got involved. I'm a stoner, so that's a lot of business Papa flushed down the toilet.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Rarely do i get Papa Johns pizza but it isn't bad. Dominos sucks and IMO so doe's any NY style I've ever had. I'd rather have Little Ceasaers over it and I'm fine with Pizza Hut. Round table is still good bit the best in my area that I like is Napoli's.

Comment

Working...
                          X