• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Very proud of the team. As Q mentioned holding Denver 3 times to under 30 points is pretty damned impressive considering the other what 13 games outside of 1 nobody could. Ultimately we got bit by our OL injuries this game and Ryan being out....that just fizzled our ability to fight the crowd IMO and we couldnt execute on our typical run first game plan. I think the OL just had too many ankles in bad shape and swapping out so many guys and even lack of practice by a beat up Hardwick was our demise.

Our D had better efforts but we did some good things too. Holding Denver to a season low 24 is an accomplishment...it really was.

I think getting key guys back and continuing the restocking of the cupboards will be a huge benefit to this team. We learned to play with limited resources this year. Add some OL, DL and a CB and I think we have a pretty damn solid team. We proved we already can compete with the best....just ran out of bodies in the end.

Great year given the cupboard state McCoy...game ball to him and the staff. I'm officially on the keep Pagano bandwagon now...give him some better bodies and time to teach and I think he's got a good defense.

Go Seattle! Hope they trounce the 9rs just to shut up the overconfident fans...still cant stand them after living there so long. I cringe at having to choose between a Brady team and a Manning team but at least I respect Manning so probably have to vote for that. I still hate Brady....wish bad things on him.
    Last edited by RTPbolt; 01-13-2014, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Marshall/Boogie
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Zot View Post
      ....I'll help! Go NFC!!!
      Yup. Prefer the Seaturkies...anything but Brady or Manning. This week of ball-washing will be absolutely horrid.
      Well.. you can at least see the croutons in the dark.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

There were some mentions of Gates. Just putting this out there... during the win streak and Denver loss here was his line:

targets 22
        receptions 16
        yds 161
        avg 10.0
        TDs 1

Taking out the 23 yarder he had vs NYG, his long was 16. His yardage totals were:

15 yards on 3 catches in the playoffs?

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Except that no one got many catches or yards vs Cinci, because we kept the ball on the ground. And why was Allen so open?

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Yup, I'm very proud of these guys. They did good, we just lost to a better team. I can accept that. Wish the offense had woken up prior to the 4th quarter, but I'm not letting this loss ruin my week. Only thing that sucks now is that I loathe both teams in the AFC Championship game. Rooting for Seattle the rest of the way.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'm not an Antonio Gates hater, Steve. Hell, I wear his jersey every week. But if his role is decoy, he's a very expensive decoy don't you think? I made this point several weeks ago and that it is only that I can't really justify Gates and his contribution-level at his current number if we're about winning football games.

Comment

• SFW
                PB Official Game Thread Starter
                • Jul 2013
                • NY
                • USMC
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
                Yup, I'm very proud of these guys. They did good, we just lost to a better team. I can accept that. Wish the offense had woken up prior to the 4th quarter, but I'm not letting this loss ruin my week. Only thing that sucks now is that I loathe both teams in the AFC Championship game. Rooting for Seattle the rest of the way.
                The offense woke up when Harris got hurt and Jammer replaced him.
                1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
                2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
                3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
                4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
                5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
                6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
                7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                  The offense woke up when Harris got hurt and Jammer replaced him.
                  Saw Harris is out with an ACL. Bummer for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X