• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio's Gates
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Offseason Needs

first off, very proud of the team. No quit.

now..here comes the offseason.

#1 need: another defensive lineman. we got two good ones. we need one more. this will improve the pass rush. I'm not talking about a pass rusher. I'm talking about getting another guy like Reyes. Hageman for example. cam thomas is gone.

#2 need: WR. A lot of rivers' sacks were coverage sacks. Allen is the only guy that can get open consistently. Need someone on the other side. Royal will probably be cut. He makes too much. Brown was a huge disappointment.

#3 need: CB. Wright improved as the year went on and Gilchrist found a home at nickle. Steve Williams will also be back but we need another guy opposite Wright.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

IF we are going to go for another DL, lets go get a a better run stuffer/power player. Reyes and Liuget came to play, but another power player to go opposite Vasquez types would be nice.

We do need more help at WR, but Green didn't play with much urgency either. I still think we should try and find a way to keep Royal, since he had a pretty good year. We need the other outside WR to step up though, and whether it is Floyd, DX or someone new, we need to do a better job of keeping teams like Den from compressing their zones on Allen and Woodhead.

I would like to see us find another press CB. Gilchrist is OK in the slot, Wright is developing, now we need someone to go opposite Wright. Williams should be a good 4th CB, or move to the nickle against teams that are less physical at WR.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Offense
      1. Need another O-lineman, Troutman showed potential early in the season, but makes to many mental errors, Hardwick getting up in age, our tackles only are questionable do to Dunlap's health not performance.

2. Another Reciever, of the returning ones or possible returnees are health issues Floyd & DX, Vincent Brown really hasn't did anything, Eddie Royal probably making too much may be cut

3. RB need a competant back up to Mathews, Ronnie Brown better years are behind him

4. Is 2014 the changing of guard at the TE position? Gates has really slow down as the season winded down, is it time for Green to start?

Defense

1. Need a difference maker on the D-line

2. LB depends on whether we sign Butler, I think he stepped up enough that he may price his self out of San Diego, but I think we need depth at LB period Bird is strictly special teams and can be replaced . Look for Ingram to beakout in 2014 based on what flash we seen coming off the ACL.

3. We need a legit corner to go opposite Wright who did show good coverage as the season progress. Concerning safety I am not sure if may of found our other safety in Addae to go with Weddle. Addae did show potential, but we could use someone to push him. I think Taylor could be on the buble

Special Teams

I hate returners that are just one dimensional and that's all they do, I want a returner who offers ability as a slot or 4th reciever or he can be a defensive nickel type. The type of returner that posses good quickness and break away speed. Our return game this year lacked explosiveness and I don't like having our best reciever returning punts.

Comment

Working...
      X