• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

Roster Expectations Pre and Post Season

Not the entire roster but I thought back to before the season and thought about a number of players kind of stood out to me that I was excited, unsure or down on.

Expectations before the season.

Excited about:

Keenan Allen
    Vincent Brown
    Donald Butler
    Derek Cox
    D.J. Fluker
    Ladarius Green
    Manti Te'o
    Danny Woodhead

Unsure of:

Jeromey Clary
    Melvin Ingram
    Cam Thomas
    Johnnie Troutman

Down on:

King Dunlap
    Marcus Gilchrist
    Ryan Mathews
    Eddie Royal
    Shareece Wright

No expectations:

Jahleel Addae
    Tourek Williams

Now that the season is done:

Excited about:

Keenan Allen - Duh.

D.J. Fluker - Duh again.

Ladarius Green - I don't know what to think about Gates. He said something this week about if this was a regular season game, he might not have played but I think he's been on a slow decline and it's really sloping downward now sadly. I hope they really get Green involved in the offense a lot more next year. I think he can be a superstar.

Manti Te'o - Still a lot of learning to do but considering how much time he missed early on, I liked the progress I saw towards the end of the year.

Danny Woodhead - What a signing by TT! He's so fun to watch.

Jeromey Clary - I don't care about his cap number, he made an amazing transformation from a shaky right tackle to guard in my eyes and it showed how much they missed him out there today. I hope they extend him in the off season.

Melvin Ingram - How he came back from the ACL injury is amazing and the difference he made in the defense after his return. Now let's get another bonafide pass rusher opposite of him.

King Dunlap - Yeah, he has the concussion issues but dude was a steady rock at LT and no one saw that coming. I don't know if TT will come up with a contingency plan because of his injury concerns but he fills a big hole that we thought would require a first round pick.

Marcus Gilchrist - He never showed much prior to 2013 and I was his biggest hater earlier in the season when he was a starting safety but I really liked the way Pagano used him later in the year.

Ryan Mathews - Finally this coaching staff turns this lump of coal into gold. Who would have thought at the start of the season that Mathews not playing would be the biggest concern going into a playoff game.

Eddie Royal - I guess I'll put him in this group because of what he did this year but with his cap number, I'm not sure he'll be back. Wish the guy could stay healthy though.

Shareece Wright - Another AJ pick that seemed to be heading to the wasteland but he really turned it on towards the end of the season. I'm excited to see if he can keep it going.

Jaheel Addae - In the pre-season he showed some flashes but I wasn't buying it but he's making me a believer that they found a hidden gem here.

Down on:

Vincent Brown - Hard to believe he was so promising a couple of years ago and now seems like a bum. Hopefully he turns it around next year.

Derek Cox - Seeya.

Cam Thomas - Definitely need to upgrade here.

Johnnie Troutman - I know this was basically his rookie year but he just seems like a guy. Did well at times but too scary with mistakes and penalties to be in there as a full time starter.

Tourek Williams - He gets the rookie pass but he's never shown me anything to be excited about.

Unsure of:

Donald Butler - Up and down year but made big plays in the two playoff games. Unsure because I'm unsure if he'll be on the team next year but overall I hope he's back as long as he doesn't break the bank (which it shouldn't).

Overall, I'm glad that most of my "excited about" list stayed there and grew with guys from the other lists. Nice to be optimistic heading into the offseason for once. It's been a long long time since I felt that way.
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Agree and add im excited about this years draft!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
    X