• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
    Speaking of the omaha thing. On NFLNetwork last night they were saying that they thought the Chargers defense had a tell on Manning during the week 15 game and that Denver recognized that and used it against SD last night (thus the 5 neutral zone infractions).
    I missed most of the neutral zone infractions (had to pick up kid). On the radio Boomer said the Chargers were going to have a beef with the league office because Manning was doing something with his hands that was illegal and drawing the offsides. He didn't really go into detail though. What the hell was he talking about? I'm thinking no matter what he's doing with his hands you still have to be looking at the ball.
    sigpic

Comment

• Kyle
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I understand the problems with the defense, but the bigger problem was not scoring for 3+ quarters. That's a pretty big hole to come out of against a HOF QB and highest scoring offense.
      sigpic

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        I understand the problems with the defense, but the bigger problem was not scoring for 3+ quarters. That's a pretty big hole to come out of against a HOF QB and highest scoring offense.
        our only scoring* drive in the first half was after the D forced a fumble giving us good field position...might've been the only time we had good field position and moved past the 50 yrd line until the 4th qrtr.

*we didn't even score.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
          I missed most of the neutral zone infractions (had to pick up kid). On the radio Boomer said the Chargers were going to have a beef with the league office because Manning was doing something with his hands that was illegal and drawing the offsides. He didn't really go into detail though. What the hell was he talking about? I'm thinking no matter what he's doing with his hands you still have to be looking at the ball.
          The point is that he is not allowed to move. Remember a few years ago, Rivers was getting called in a couple of games for a head bob? If he is doing anything like that, it is the same deal. It's just usually, DL can only see the head/shoulders. But if they could see his hands, then the same rules apply with that.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
            3rd and 17, Jesus fucking Christ! I KNEW with every fiber of my being that Denver would get that first down, the Chargers just cannot seem to get the fuck off the field when that have a 3rd and long. Ugh!
            And that has been for...years. Seems like I really remember that starting under Riley. Is that right or am I making that up?

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              The point is that he is not allowed to move. Remember a few years ago, Rivers was getting called in a couple of games for a head bob? If he is doing anything like that, it is the same deal. It's just usually, DL can only see the head/shoulders. But if they could see his hands, then the same rules apply with that.
              Well Football Royalty(TM) doesn't get called for that.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                Well Football Royalty(TM) doesn't get called for that.
                Yes, because we have to be fair to everyone involved.

Comment

• Memonybolt
                  • Jul 2013
                  • New York city
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
                  My issue isn't as much with the sloppy tackling but more so with the lack of aggression overall or lack of gang tackling. Some teams like Seattle it seems like when a player is getting tackled that every defender rallies to the ball carrier to be a part of it. A killer instinct so to speak. Many Chargers seem to lack that, Addae is not one of them though.

Cromartie was one of the worst about "not helping" or not joining in if a teammate had already made contact with the offensive player.
                  You just brought back flashbacks of the Greene run in the Jets playoff game and Cromartie playing bullfighter on that play.
                  Memohm1976 on espn

Comment

Working...
                  X