• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

McCoy Press Conference About to Go Live

Looks like they're running a little late...

Coming up at 11 a.m. PST, Chargers day-after-game news conference LIVE with Mike McCoy.
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Cool. I need a nap
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Is it just me or is the stream really bad?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He needs to figure out ways of saying nothing better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

If you ask McCoy about specific players, he does open up. Said that the deal with Clary and telling him that he wouldn't play or that couldn't play "stinks" and "sucks"

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Chargers streams are always bad. Don't know if it's on their end or Ustream or what. And now the stream just died for me.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Its done. Last question was about Butler, but didn't say anything substantial.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                Chargers streams are always bad. Don't know if it's on their end or Ustream or what. And now the stream just died for me.
                Yeah, it was really choppy then cut out. I reloaded the page and listened again. it was a little better.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

I watched the conference, did you guys catch the Clary part? It seemed to really bother McCoy they had to sit Clary. I think he almost choked up. He mentioned several times how hard Clary works and unselfish he is. This goes back to how much Norv and AJ liked Clary too. Obviously, he's not most talented guy, but I think it's pretty clear now he's the type of teammate and player people want on their team.

I was impressed with McCoy's press conference. So far I like him very much. Happy to have him as our HC. I think the teams in really good hands with this guy.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Since Clary got mentioned I'll throw this here:

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

13. San Diego Chargers (28th)

PB: 24th, RB: 3rd, PEN: 23rd

Stud: He’s big and he’s a brutal run blocker. They don’t make left tackles like King Dunlap (+24.4) who was one of the pickups of the offseason. He’ll always give you a bit when he’s protecting the passer, but my word is he fun to watch in the run game.

Dud: Switching from tackle to guard didn’t lead to a turnaround in the fortunes of Jeromey Clary (-18.3). Incredibly, he earned a positive with his pass blocking, but his run blocking was so bad and was often why running plays broke down.

Analysis: Quite the turnaround. Perhaps even more impressively was that they did it despite a gluttony of injuries that included having to switch D.J. Fluker to left tackle. A shame for the rookie who was so good on the right side and so much worse on the left. The transition is coming along a lot quicker than expected.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Since Clary got mentioned I'll throw this here:

The latest football news, analysis, and rankings from PFF. Featuring data-driven rankings and stats for NFL, fantasy football, and the NFL Draft.

13. San Diego Chargers (28th)

PB: 24th, RB: 3rd, PEN: 23rd

Stud: He’s big and he’s a brutal run blocker. They don’t make left tackles like King Dunlap (+24.4) who was one of the pickups of the offseason. He’ll always give you a bit when he’s protecting the passer, but my word is he fun to watch in the run game.

Dud: Switching from tackle to guard didn’t lead to a turnaround in the fortunes of Jeromey Clary (-18.3). Incredibly, he earned a positive with his pass blocking, but his run blocking was so bad and was often why running plays broke down.

Analysis: Quite the turnaround. Perhaps even more impressively was that they did it despite a gluttony of injuries that included having to switch D.J. Fluker to left tackle. A shame for the rookie who was so good on the right side and so much worse on the left. The transition is coming along a lot quicker than expected.
                      Some of this stuff is pure:shit:. I think Clary was pretty good. He's not good enough for his salary, but I actually hope he's on the team next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I hope Whis doesnt try and take Caoch D but id bet he is one he talked to. Hopefully Whis will hire Russ Grimm again instead.

Comment

Working...
                        X