• May 2017
      • Send PM

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Kaser was just cut by GB right? I didnt understand it but without being there and knowing the true details its hard to fsirly judge...we have no info other than his kicking on sundays where he at times was inconsistent. Was he a bad holder? Not sure. I was surprised but im going to trust Lynn and Tom on this. On Stewert we seem to have some improvements but some wtf plays udually on a player choice of action. Id love a proven cant miss ST coach but those guys are rare and hard to judge imo.

Id be happy with a PK that doesnt leave points on the table...Badgley may not have a rocket leg but hell leaving 3 or more pts a game due to shit kicking is absurd. I will take his accuracy unless we get a lot of blocks due to low kicks. Its still better than Sturgis.

im sure post year...hopefully in February...we will target PK and Punters. Just get us into the playoffs and go for it on 4th or punt if too far away.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          Kaser was just cut by GB right? I didnt understand it but without being there and knowing the true details its hard to fsirly judge...we have no info other than his kicking on sundays where he at times was inconsistent. Was he a bad holder? Not sure. I was surprised but im going to trust Lynn and Tom on this. On Stewert we seem to have some improvements but some wtf plays udually on a player choice of action. Id love a proven cant miss ST coach but those guys are rare and hard to judge imo.

Id be happy with a PK that doesnt leave points on the table...Badgley may not have a rocket leg but hell leaving 3 or more pts a game due to shit kicking is absurd. I will take his accuracy unless we get a lot of blocks due to low kicks. Its still better than Sturgis.

im sure post year...hopefully in February...we will target PK and Punters. Just get us into the playoffs and go for it on 4th or punt if too far away.
          I am very concerned about Badgley's weak leg on kickoffs. Letting the other team start outside the 35 on almost every return allows the other team to score more, wiping out some of the gain from the missed kicks. Very doubtful he is the long term solution, but at least he can kick extra points (watch him miss one this week!).

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am very concerned about Badgley's weak leg on kickoffs. Letting the other team start outside the 35 on almost every return allows the other team to score more, wiping out some of the gain from the missed kicks. Very doubtful he is the long term solution, but at least he can kick extra points (watch him miss one this week!).
            My feelings exactly. Well stated. He is a young Nick Novak at best. He also has been very erratic at 50+ yards, which really limits what the Chargers can do. Overall, not an encouraging choice. That is why I would prefer to take a chance on Arguyo or get Tevecchio when Atlanta cuts him free.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

Im very open to waiver wire guys. I will take points improvement over kickoff distance for now. Find a guy on the team that can kick or use another slot if its an issue.

Its not long term but losing points is going to cost a game or 2 if we hadnt ditched Sturgis

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
                Im very open to waiver wire guys. I will take points improvement over kickoff distance for now. Find a guy on the team that can kick or use another slot if its an issue.

Its not long term but losing points is going to cost a game or 2 if we hadnt ditched Sturgis
                There is not a doubt in my mind that missed kicks were going to cost us (and perhaps did already against the Rams, not that we likely would have won even if he made it). But Badgley's kickoffs against the Titan were returned to the 36, 23, 35, 43 and 33 yard lines making it way too easy for them starting drives. Neither is sustainable.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I believe Kaser is still unemployed.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is not a doubt in my mind that missed kicks were going to cost us (and perhaps did already against the Rams, not that we likely would have won even if he made it). But Badgley's kickoffs against the Titan were returned to the 36, 23, 35, 43 and 33 yard lines making it way too easy for them starting drives. Neither is sustainable.
                    Maybe somebody should be put in place to make a tackle.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Those kicks were so short and so low that I'm not sure the coverage was the big problem.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

Lynn said hed be open to a guy just for kickoffs...curious what he might do. Time to experiment on the Faiders i suppose.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Coverage over the last 4-5 games has been pretty solid. The distance and hangtime of both KOs and punts is a serious issue.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X