Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Liuget out for year

Marty Caswell‏ @MartyCaswell 4m4 minutes ago
    Hate hearing that @CoreyLiuget is out for the season. A good man and have enjoyed covering him as much as any Charger over the years.
  • Boltx
    Dominate the day
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bummer. It looked bad based on his reaction.
    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Classic
      Hall Of Fame
      • Dec 2014
      • Send PM

Looks like it's going to be long season. I can't imagine we can pick someone up in F.A to ease the blow.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah this is bad for the interior run dfefense Perryman and now Liguet, that dam injury bug needs to stop defense has taken a hit (Verrett, White, Perryman, and Liguet)

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

Two veteran players saw their seasons end today: #Raiders WR Brandon LaFell tore his Achilles and is out for the season and #Chargers DT Corey Liuget tore his quad tendon, ending his 2018.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
            Yeah this is bad for the interior run dfefense Perryman and now Liguet, that dam injury bug needs to stop defense has taken a hit (Verrett, White, Perryman, and Liguet)
            Losing Denzel now Corey really weakens the middle of the D.
            Tough break for everyone.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Wish everyone would stop posting Verrett as somebody we lost as a blow to the defense. He hasn't played in a game since Oct 2nd 2016 and won't be here next year.
              cant miss somebody who doesn't contribute

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

That stinks, but I assumed Cory knew when it happened...the way he reacted.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Our D was much more effective with Liuget (think the first 4 games of the year). I think this is a big blow and he will be missed. It is compounded by the other losses behind him.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

With Liguet out and Perryman out, Addae lack of tackling is going to show up even more, this dude is a big time liability he has one, I repeat one career interception in 6 years. I am for Rashawn Jenkins getting his spot like now. What is the coaching staff seeing in Adaee is baffling, before Trevor Williams got injured he was spliting time with Michael Davis, and Davis has been a little shakey at time, but not shakey as Addae who I have yet to say that dude had a good game. Addae needs to be benched, there is a nice read on Davis who has not sucked like Addae

Chargers' second-year cornerback Michael Davis has always had the right size and speed, but now he's beginning to show the physicality needed.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

With Liguet out and Perryman out, Addae lack of tackling is going to show up even more, this dude is a big time liability he has one, I repeat one career interception in 6 years. I am for Rashawn Jenkins getting his spot like now. What is the coaching staff seeing in Adaee is baffling, before Trevor Williams got injured he was spliting time with Michael Davis, and Davis has been a little shakey at time, but not shakey as Addae who I have yet to say that dude had a good game. Addae needs to be benched, there is a nice read on Davis who has not sucked like Addae

http://www.espn.com/blog/los-angeles...with-jack-boys
                      Not an Addae fan. From the UT:

Tough day for Addae

The Denver game was a forgettable one for many Chargers, including safety Jahleel AddaePhillip Lindsay Adrian PhillipsEmmanuel SandersDerwin James

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Let's get honest here - Addae DOES NOT know how to tackle. He hits people......end of !
                        The guy launches his body at ball carriers/ receivers without wrapping up. I absolutely HATE this technique , which has obviously been taught to every Safety in the NFL.
                        Hit and wrap - it's taught to you when you start pee wee football. Too many of these guys are just too stupid to understand it.

Comment

Working...
                        X