• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sufan144
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Chargers are fools gold

Unbelievable choke yesterday yes Badgley missed the XP however Rivers play at the end of the game almost looked intentional absolutely ridiculous what a bone head play I always have Rivers back but this is unacceptable I guarantee Brees Brady or Roger's would have just took the sack to much time left on the clock & Jahleel Addae was down right terrible yesterday also way to many penalties Chargers will finish no better then 11-5 and choke once again

I don't understand why they didn't run it there. Sure, you probably won't get the first down, but at least the clock is still rolling since they had no timeouts.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Would love to see some base D packages of Bosa at 3T and Ingram at MLB. With Nwosu and Rochelle on the edges.

Comment

• Boltx
        Dominate the day
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It was just a strange sequence of events. From the botched handoff to Rivers throwing it into the ground.

Then again, nobody ever accused Rivers of being clutch. Remember the botched snap against KC on MNF a few years ago? He makes a lot of odd plays late in pressure games. I've said this for several years - he's a great QB but stuff like this is why he'll never win a ring. A lot of guys just don't have it. It's a shame because his overall body of work is really impressive, but little things like this hold him back, always have.

I think I pretty much described the Chargers organizational history in a nutshell, too. Rivers is the perfect QB for this franchise. Great, but just flawed enough when it matters the most.
        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Would love to see some base D packages of Bosa at 3T and Ingram at MLB. With Nwosu and Rochelle on the edges.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think 9-7 is more likely. Last few weeks are brutal. Defense can't stop anybody and STs will continue to be a weak point.
            ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Weird that the D has been stopping everyone up to Denver.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

You mean if you throw out our first two games?

Comment

• sufan144
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  It was just a strange sequence of events. From the botched handoff to Rivers throwing it into the ground.

Then again, nobody ever accused Rivers of being clutch. Remember the botched snap against KC on MNF a few years ago? He makes a lot of odd plays late in pressure games. I've said this for several years - he's a great QB but stuff like this is why he'll never win a ring. A lot of guys just don't have it. It's a shame because his overall body of work is really impressive, but little things like this hold him back, always have.

I think I pretty much described the Chargers organizational history in a nutshell, too. Rivers is the perfect QB for this franchise. Great, but just flawed enough when it matters the most.
                  You nailed it 100% correct

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

11-5 is pretty good. That's a playoff berth. Never thought we were good enough to go all the way but you never know what can happen. I think we beat Denver in Denver like we did last year. Oh wait that was in LA. Tell yaseems to me we are a better road team than we are at ScrubHub.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-19-2018, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      11-5 is pretty good. That's a playoff berth. Never thought we were good enough to go all the way but you never know what can happen. I think we beat Denver in Denver like we did last year. telling ya we are a better road team than we are at ScrubHub.
                      I thought we'd be 10-6 at the start of the season and it looks like we'll be right around there. It's just frustrating to give away games to inferior teams.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                        You mean if you throw out our first two games?

Comment

Working...
                        X