• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    It will help if Mebane comes back. What is his deal anyway? Sounds ominous.

Steelers are a team (like Dolphins) that always have the Chargers' number. This will be a great test of whether Lynn has truly changed the culture in the locker room. Chargers have proven they can play physical. These Steelers are good, but not like the teams of the past few years. Michael Davis is going to be the key. He his going to have to cover either Brown of Schuster on the sandlot, busted, everyone go out for a pass, Rothlesburger plays.

Trevor Williams must have really screwed up somehow to get benched and not even be active any longer.

TG
    I know Williams has been battling a knee injury that is just now healed. It will be interesting to see how much playing time he gets going forward.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Win or loss, will be a nice litmus test for this team to see if they are playoff worthy or not.

Cincy and Baltimore are the most crucial games to nail down.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

I wonder if Mebane was being punished for breaking team rules.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• RTPbolt
          Charger Fan till the end
          • Jun 2013
          • North Carolina
          • Send PM

Pretty much an even game. If Rivers plays like he did yesterday then we will be tough to stop. If he comes down to Earth we are still tough. They can score in chunks too. We just need to keep them off the field and make a few key stops on D.

lets hope its like the Seattle game. We played with fire in a tough stadium. Get a lead and hold it. Bosa hets been runnin and James gets a pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Strap on your jocks. Its gonna be a tough one.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltster
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Baltimore, MD
              • Send PM

The Bengals just placed Dalton on IR. That team is on the edge of a total collapse.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

When both teams have been good, this has been a good back/forth with Big Ben's Steelers since he took over. We lost a very winnable game against them in '05, then came back and beat their ass in '06 on Monday Night which was Rivers coming out party. Weird game in '08 with the 11-10 debacle (which we should have won). They handled us in the playoffs however (we were playing with house money). Then we beat their ass in 2012 when we sucked, and they beat us with Michael Vick in '14 when they sucked (and I guess so did we).

I think it'll be a good game. Pretty shitty that 6 out of the last 7 times we've played them have been in Pissburgh.
                NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltster View Post
                  The Bengals just placed Dalton on IR. That team is on the edge of a total collapse.
                  This is not a joke...Bengals seriously considering Hue Jackson to replace Lewis after the season. It was always the plan before he left for the Browns. And I guess the Bengals are the only ones who think Hue was the victim in Cleveland.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                    Pesky apparition
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Baja Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

I had the Pitt-Denver game on a second TV on Sunday during the Bolts' game. It seems like every time I looked over, Sanders was burning the Steeler secondary. I'm hoping that Keenan is going to have a similar field day against them.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by KYBoltsFan View Post
                      When both teams have been good, this has been a good back/forth with Big Ben's Steelers since he took over. We lost a very winnable game against them in '05, then came back and beat their ass in '06 on Monday Night which was Rivers coming out party. Weird game in '08 with the 11-10 debacle (which we should have won). They handled us in the playoffs however (we were playing with house money). Then we beat their ass in 2012 when we sucked, and they beat us with Michael Vick in '14 when they sucked (and I guess so did we).

I think it'll be a good game. Pretty shitty that 6 out of the last 7 times we've played them have been in Pissburgh.
                      It DOES seem like the Steelers always get to play this game at home. ROthlesburger has been terrible on the road but terrific at home

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltster
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Baltimore, MD
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

This is not a joke...Bengals seriously considering Hue Jackson to replace Lewis after the season. It was always the plan before he left for the Browns. And I guess the Bengals are the only ones who think Hue was the victim in Cleveland.

TG
                        Can you imagine trying to sell your fanbase on hiring Hue Jackson as head coach? Mike Brown is a unique character lol!!!!

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

One game at a time, but the Bengals had one of the worst defenses, and their offense was ok until Dalton got hurt. Of course, they will keep Marvin Lewis, as he's good for the bottom line.

I think by now the Chargers already know how to play in front of a hostile crowd... the only two games they didn't was in London and against the Cards.

Comment

Working...
                          X