• oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Since I didn't see a Rivers thread

Philip Rivers sets NFL completion percentage record as Chargers win

Posted by Michael David Smith on November 25, 2018, 6:50 PM EST
    Getty Images

Philip Rivers had the single greatest completion percentagea completion percentage of 96.6 percentThe previous regular-season record was 92.3 percent, set by Kurt Warner when he went 24-of-26 in a game in 2009. The postseason record is 92.9 percent, set by Tom Brady in a postseason game after the 2007 season.

With 259 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions, Rivers had an outstanding game, and he helped his team easily beat the Cardinals despite falling behind 10-0 in the first quarter.

Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen did not have a good game. He hit Larry FitzgeraldJoey Bosa
    Hashtag thepowderblues
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

It was a very nice rebound from a mistake riddled game last week. Need him to carry us against Pitt. Thats gonna be tough.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      It was a very nice rebound from a mistake riddled game last week. Need him to carry us against Pitt. Thats gonna be tough.
      I'm not as positive as I want to be about this game.

But it seems in all 11 games so far this season there has been a lot Ive not been happy about and this team found a way to get 8 wins.

Maybe I'm just used to the Chargers disappointing me. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Go Bolts!
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

I think most of long term fans have had many more disappointments rooting for our Bolts. This team is very resilient, tough, talented, and they fight for each game.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

I'm not as positive as I want to be about this game.

But it seems in all 11 games so far this season there has been a lot Ive not been happy about and this team found a way to get 8 wins.

Maybe I'm just used to the Chargers disappointing me. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Go Bolts!
          It was a bad team we beat today. Im very happy we won. But i want to see us beat a team with a good record. I want to beat a good team. This game will be telling. Beating Seattle was a great win. I want more of that.

Comment

• Boltx
            Dominate the day
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Prime time game on the east coast against a good team...historically this is not something this franchise pulls off.

The Cincy and Baltimore games are worlds more important to help lock up a WC. We're not winning the division and I don't want to go into Denver on the final week of the season needing a win against a suddenly confident Broncos team just to make the playoffs.

The good news is that Mike Williams seems like he could be getting hot at right time and Ek will do an admirable job filling in, i just don't think he is built to shoulder a big load. Hate to see him get injured too. We might have to lean on Rivers more which isn't necessarily a good thing. Wish we could have some health at the right time. Imagine heading into the playoffs with a healthy Gordon and Henry.

ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

It was a bad team we beat today. Im very happy we won. But i want to see us beat a team with a good record. I want to beat a good team. This game will be telling. Beating Seattle was a great win. I want more of that.
              In the last, so many years, this team lost to bad teams all the time.

Norv and McCoy were constantly losing to bad teams
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

This is Seattle Part Deux to me. Go in, be efficient, no turnovers and make them keep up. We will give their D fits imo. Just contain conner and we can hang.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

In the last, so many years, this team lost to bad teams all the time.

Norv and McCoy were constantly losing to bad teams
                  True. But this team struggles to beat good teams. So the fact we are winning games we used to lose is great and all....but ive raised the bar to actually beating good teams now.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Prime time game on the east coast against a good team...historically this is not something this franchise pulls off.

The Cincy and Baltimore games are worlds more important to help lock up a WC. We're not winning the division and I don't want to go into Denver on the final week of the season needing a win against a suddenly confident Broncos team just to make the playoffs.

The good news is that Mike Williams seems like he could be getting hot at right time and Ek will do an admirable job filling in, i just don't think he is built to shoulder a big load. Hate to see him get injured too. We might have to lean on Rivers more which isn't necessarily a good thing. Wish we could have some health at the right time. Imagine heading into the playoffs with a healthy Gordon and Henry.
                    We need to use Mike Williams full time now. He is ready to take off.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

True. But this team struggles to beat good teams. So the fact we are winning games we used to lose is great and all....but ive raised the bar to actually beating good teams now.
                      They do struggle against good teams. But good teams struggle against good teams.

The difference so far is that they are beating the bad teams.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Budsman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                        X