Parham
    Reed

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Wow i completely forgot about that accident...had no idea it was Lynn. Interesting their history together. I dont know if its a lock Haley is the OC but im sure if he is available he is on the list. TT is going to beabig part of that hire if it comes to that....if there is tape of Haley being an ass im sure it will be evaluated.

I hope we dont lose Whiz...he fits well imo with the offense. He may not be perfect but i think he is a very good coach for us. Its a very different world in the college coaching realm and Georgia would be an interesting location if he wants to get back to the South.

I think its interesting Lynn does the right thing and saying no question to letting him interview. Didnt Belicheck deny his people last year?

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

It seems to me the normal career path for Coordinators who don't succeed in 1st shot as a HC is to go back and re-establish credentials as an NFL Coordinator, then waiting for 2nd opportunity as an NFL HC. Unless you are REALLY excited about coaching college football like Pete Carroll or want a stable high paying job closer to your long time home that is. I'm expecting Wiz is more likely to wait on another chance as NFL HC.
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• vinabolt
          Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
          • Feb 2015
          • Send PM

If Todd Haley isn't with someone by the time Whiz left, he will definitely be the replacement. Not only he's one of Lynn's best friends, he's also a good friend of Whiz. He coached as OC under Whiz in AZ when they go to the SB. He's somewhat better than Whiz in term of X&O creativity and play designs. His play calling is inconsistent and can be stubborn. He also doesn't have much history of changing his system around to fit the players' talents. Teams have to acquired players to fit his system, ditto for the QB, he has to change and adapt to fit the system. His system is not flexible. That was the main conflict in CLE between him and Hue Jackson, he refused to implement some of Oklahoma's concept to make Mayfield comfort. Haley also can be a pain in the ass to work with, high ego, stubborn. But he'll work well with Lynn, not sure with others.

In term of pure on field production, I've no doubt this offense with Rivers and this line, this talents at skill positions will break some records with Haley coordinate it. But the chemistry needs some consideration. His offense usually takes 2 years for the offense to grasp, much more complicate than Mike McCoy offense but simpler than Charlie Weis/McDaniel offense Brady runs in NE, which usually takes 3, 4 years to grasp. But, with Rivers' familiarity with his offense (thanks to Whiz, a lot of similarity), and with Rivers IQ, he will probably grasp it by midseason. So, the offense is expected to start slow if we hire Haley.
          Last edited by vinabolt; 12-02-2018, 08:32 AM.
          Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• chris9341
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

To me Whisenhunt is like Norv Turner. He can call a great game as an offensive coordinator but he sucks as a head coach. Yeah he would bring some stability to GT but imo I think he stays in the NFL. If the Chargers need to make him highest paid O-coordinator in NFL then so be it.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Is Whiz already in Georgia?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                It seems to me the normal career path for Coordinators who don't succeed in 1st shot as a HC is to go back and re-establish credentials as an NFL Coordinator, then waiting for 2nd opportunity as an NFL HC. Unless you are REALLY excited about coaching college football like Pete Carroll or want a stable high paying job closer to your long time home that is. I'm expecting Wiz is more likely to wait on another chance as NFL HC.
                He's HAD 2 chances as an NFL Head Coach. I don't see any NFL hiring him again in that capacity.

If he wants to be a HC, it would have to be at college level.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

He's HAD 2 chances as an NFL Head Coach. I don't see any NFL hiring him again in that capacity.

If he wants to be a HC, it would have to be at college level.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I'm thinking he's settled into being a OC, after his last HC chance with the Titans. However, if there is a team with a decent QB that has Hall of Fame ability, he's be a great fit (Green Bay?)

Comment

• 99PROBLEMS
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Chula Vista
                          • OG Raider Hater
                          • Send PM

Nice.
                          wise choice
                          imho
                          Stay Salty.

Comment