• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris9341
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I don't usually argue with other fellow charger fans but seriously what universe are you living in? Jammer got flagged for either holding or PI quite alot. The only thing I see Jammer having Revis beat at is more games played. It wasn't that Jammer was a bad CB, I don't actually think that. I do think that he did have bad technique however just like Davis does now. Davis actually had good coverage on his guy and all you have to do is turn your head. Hell we've seen our cb's do that quite a few times this season. I mean look no further then the Seahawks and Chargers game and look what happened at the end of that game.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Davis is outplaying Trevor Williams in practice. That's the reason why he's starting. His problem is that he's not very good when playing with his back to the QB, and that has to be fixed fast. Still, the secondary wasn't helped by the pass rush for most of the game, but credit to the Steeler OL for that

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Davis is outplaying Trevor Williams in practice. That's the reason why he's starting. His problem is that he's not very good when playing with his back to the QB, and that has to be fixed fast. Still, the secondary wasn't helped by the pass rush for most of the game, but credit to the Steeler OL for that
        LOL and Koo outplayed Lamb in practice to. Good thing Gino Smith isn't outplaying Rivers in practice.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

He had his arm wrapped around the receiver. It was PI.
          And he didn't turn his head. That will always get called. If he turns for the ball he has a chance it won't be called.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

They chaned the rules on Jammer to outlaw physical play. They killed his technique because they wanted more O.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chris9341 View Post

I don't usually argue with other fellow charger fans but seriously what universe are you living in? Jammer got flagged for either holding or PI quite alot. The only thing I see Jammer having Revis beat at is more games played. It wasn't that Jammer was a bad CB, I don't actually think that. I do think that he did have bad technique however just like Davis does now. Davis actually had good coverage on his guy and all you have to do is turn your head. Hell we've seen our cb's do that quite a few times this season. I mean look no further then the Seahawks and Chargers game and look what happened at the end of that game.
              Well to be fair, Jammer came in when the rules were changing and he was used to being physical with WRs and suddenly he couldn't be.

But you are right he was a PI and illegal contact penalty waiting to happen and it took him a while to change that but when he did, he was a damn good CB though he never got many INTs.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Convert Davis to Safety, lol

(if the new guys don't know, that is one of the memes of this place... convert Jammer to Safety)

Comment

• chris9341
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                  Convert Davis to Safety, lol

(if the new guys don't know, that is one of the memes of this place... convert Jammer to Safety)
                  Hmm you never know.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

G-Ro knows.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• chris9341
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Ok I can see I clearly got to you. Ive watched both players play and I don't need to go look up stats I go with what I see and Revis was by far the best cb not just between him and Jammer but in the entire NFL. I would bet that most football fans would agree with me.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Ok I can see I clearly got to you. Ive watched both players play and I don't need to go look up stats I go with what I see and Revis was by far the best cb not just between him and Jammer but in the entire NFL. I would bet that most football fans would agree with me.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X