OT: Medical Marijuana - Pete Carroll believes NFL should look into it.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boldarblood
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

OT: Medical Marijuana - Pete Carroll believes NFL should look into it.

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

I think it is a good idea. I have someone close to me that has there medical card. I watched this person go from using pills to mask a migraine, to take a couple of hits to cure it.

Marijuana is less of an issue than all the negative that come with narcotic addiction and all of its evils that come of it.

There will always be the recreational side of medical marijuana but imho there is no doubting that there is genuine medical uses for it.
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

There is no good reason for marijuana to be illegal.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

$$$$$$$$$$$ other than those reasons...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Time to crunk this brains
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          There'd be more money to be made in taxing it like cigarettes than any amount of money that could be made/lost by incarcerating people for it.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
            There is no good reason for marijuana to be illegal.
            I agree. Having said that, while I enjoy good beer, to be fair you could also say that there is no good reason for alcohol to be legal either.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              There'd be more money to be made in taxing it like cigarettes than any amount of money that could be made/lost by incarcerating people for it.
              The folks who profit from illegal drugs now will not be the same folks who will profit post prohabition.

DEA Agent and Justice Department Official Testify In Court that the U.S. Backed the Sinaloa Drug Cartel Between 2000 and 2012 Time reports: The U.S. government allowed the Mexican Sinaloa drug cartel to carry out its business unimpeded between 2000 and 2012 in exchange for information on rival cartels, an investigation by El Universal claims. *** Dr. Edgardo …
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                SLAM DUNK!
                • Jun 2013
                • East County San Diego
                • Bolt fanatic
                • Send PM

I am sure all NFL players are eagerly awaiting the Leagues approval. None of them would ever smoke marijuana until then.

Plenty of message boards have gone plenty judgmental posts crucifying athletes who have got in trouble for marijuana.

The marijuana revolution is finally here people.
                migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• BoltBalls
                  Always keep eye contact!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SD!
                  • Send PM

I applaud Pete Caroll for advocating it as he is siding with a increasing number of doctors who are also advocating it especially for treatment of headaches and concussions. I find it interesting that both teams in the Superbowl this year are located in the first two states that have legalized marijuana almost completely. What tobacco companies need to do is embrace both the e-cig revolution and the marijuana revolution by reducing production of tobacco products and starting production of marijuana products. As others have said the tax income will be very beneficial to reducing debt along with all the other very useful hemp byproducts.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

In a single moment, Pete Carroll goes from scumbag to my favorite coach.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Sun Valley, ID
                      • Send PM

This is slightly off topic, but it's a good story. About 8 or 9 years ago I ran into Pete Carroll in one of our local fly fishing shops. I knew my friend who lives locally had been on Pete's coaching staff at one time, so I walked up to Pete and told him he should call my friend while he's in town. He looked at me and said, "Jack lives here"? Then he asked me how I knew who he was and I just laughed and said, "Oh, come on. Are you serious"? He laughed and at that moment my cell phone rang. I looked and it was our friend Jack. I told Pete and he had me give him the phone. He answered it and just started in saying something like, "Hey Jack, I'm having trouble with the Y spread such and such" and just kept rattling off some football terms which sounded like a foreign language to me. Once Jack could get a word in, I overheard him say, "Who is this"? To which the reply was "It's me, Pete, Pete Carroll". Jack's next remark was, "What the hell are you doing with Randy (my first name)"? We all had a good laugh and the two of them ended up going fishing together before Pete left town. I have to say Pete Carroll was as outgoing and friendly as he appears and seemed like a genuinely great guy.
                      Last edited by Geezbolt; 01-28-2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

After yesterday's workout, my shoulders are killing me.

Comment

Working...
                        X