Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Not to hijack a great thread about a great win. But if Stewart is TRULY Lynn's friend, he should resign at the end of the season. He sucks.

TG
    That would be a classy move.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post

go back and rewatch the play Vina...... King made some great cuts to make people miss and ran right where he needed to to give his lack of top end speed as much ground to get into the endzone. He read the field perfectly throughout the play. I completely disagree he didnt demonstrate personal skills. That was no straight up the field run to daylight. He ran untouched because he did a great job making people miss....he may not be as shifty as some but he made people lose the play
        Completely agree. Couldn't believe what I was reading.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

My only negativecomment is the Bolts have to stop giving up that cheap TD to start every game. The game doesnt start at the 5 minute mark.
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Squeler fans complaining about the refs oh well too bad so sad. We have a history of being on the end of bad referring and rules being changed from back in the day the Raiders with Ken Stabler, Dave Casper fumbling and kicking the ball forward, several bad calls by Ed Hocholli causing us to lose against Denver, and just alot of BS calls and questionable calls that have gone against us. Maybe this our year karma on our side we got away with a false start against Cleveland this year also that we scored on.

Go Chargers Go!

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
              My only negative comment is the Bolts have to stop giving up that cheap TD to start every game. The game doesnt start at the 5 minute mark.
              If thats the only score they get im ok with it lol. Not looking for a shutout, just a win.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Union-Tribune columnist Nick Canepa issues his grades for the Chargers after Sunday's 33-30 victory at Pittsburgh:

Quarterbacks: A

Crazy night school class, which began with students failing the first semester, acing the second. Completing his first four passes, Philip Rivers led the offense to an ill-advised field goal try that failed. He dragged his guys out of a big hole and a 23-7 deficit. Had a few batted down. Fortunate when a bad pass was tipped and found Keenan Allen in the end zone. But the captain grabbed the wheel.

Running backs: B-

Was Melvin Gordon missed? Early, yes. Then the line began to block. Sub Justin Jacksonran like like a starter, including a 20-yard TD run to put his side ahead. Quiet, Austin Ekeler erred running out of bounds.

Wide receivers: A

Travis Benjamin took advantage of an official non-call and caught the scoring pass. Allen caught five passes before the first shot and beer were poured and had a Pro Bowl night, including the strange TD. Mike Williams had nice moments.

Offensive line: B-

Just an awful first half, but rebounded nicely blocking run and pass. Sam Tevi magically got away with false start on Benjamin TD.

Defensive line: D

Big Ben, firing unencumbered at fish in a barrel, had far too much time most of the night before being bothered in fourth quarter. Joey Bosa got the lone sack. Melvin Ingramcontinues to Blutarsky (zero tackles).

Linebackers: C+

Jatavis Brown played a good game of tackle football, but had a crucial helmet-to-helmet deep into fourth quarter that helped hosts get a late TD. Good enough.

Secondary: CAntonio Brown impossible. Got lucky when blew coverage on a missed TD pass by Ben. Rook Derwin James, their best player, had a huge pick of a Ben wobbler, halting a drive, and then did it again on a knockdown, then had a massive hit. Michael Davis interfered in the end zone, leading to another badly covered TD pass. Casey Hayward got beat right away; hurt late. Desmond King batted one down.

Special teams: C+Donnie JonesCoaching: A

Give Anthony Lynn credit. He rolled up like an armadillo not going for it on fourth-and-1 on the first drive and getting a missed, 52-yard FG. But he kept his guys intense and playing. A great win.

Next opportunity (vs. Bengals): A
                Last edited by Bolt-O; 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM. Reason: fixed for formatting.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                  THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                  Generous Donor
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Cris Collinsworth said "this is returnable" right as King caught the ball on the punt return TD. Major props to King, but only Travis Benjamin could have screwed that one up.
                  NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Benjamin would have gone into his bag of tricks....FC or maybe let it hit and bounce and waive everyone away for safety..... I was laughing they put Benjamin back on a late KOR.

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Slingit17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                        What a great win. I couldn't believe it.

That is not a game the Chargers usually win.

The comeback? sure. That's a game we come back and tie it, and then give up the lead again.

OR... they take the lead, and then the Pitt drive that ties the game completely swings momentum, and they have to punt, and lose.

Props to Coach Lynn... Coach Whiz called an OUTSTANDING game, particularly the 2nd half... Coach Bradley also did a nice job. Really made the Steelers work (except for that drive before halftime, and honestly, if they don't call that PI on Davis(which was questionable), they stop them on that drive too.
                        these are the kind of thoughts I had on the last drive with a couple minutes left.I think it was Collinsworth who said "all the Chargers have to do is get another 1st down here and they control the game and nothing Pitt can do about it". Then Ek (I think) ran out of bounds instead of falling to the ground to eat clock. Great! Now even if Chargers score there's time left for Pitt afterwards. Fortunately they DID get a 1st down right after that (JJ I think on a run where he DID get down to run clock).
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I was pretty pissed when Ekeler ran out of bounds. If we had not picked up the first down and had to try a long fg, we could have missed the kick or even if we made it, leave time on the clock for the Steelers. Not a smart play at all.

Comment

Working...
                          X