• May 2017
    • Send PM

Excuses excuses

• RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

They have no excuses for botching the second half. I saw noncalls of holding on their guys too....it happens all the time. Agreed the refs missed the offsides but our WR beat the hell out of their db...they should have played better on that play regardless of the early movement. We might still have scored if it was called too...we cant predict that though.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Badgely barely missed the early 52 yard FG. Had he made it, it makes the late game winner a moot point and maybe less focus on the non-call...
        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

I've been saying it on Twitter. Go back and watch what Villanueva was doing to Bosa. There should have been flags on almost every one of Pittburgh's offensive plays.

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            I've been saying it on Twitter. Go back and watch what Villanueva was doing to Bosa. There should have been flags on almost every one of Pittburgh's offensive plays.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

They can bitch and complain as all fans do. The squeelers collapsed in the second half while our Bolts climbed the mountain. We weathered an inconsistent first half and DOMINANTED the 2nd half. All the matters to me is the big W! Huge win!!
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                THIS. And Melvin most of the time.

Collinsworth kept talking about how the Chargers weren't getting any pass rush, and I was like... Jesus Villanueva is basically declared himself Bosa's personal human sweater. He just climbed all over him and hung on for dear life. Notice 2nd half, when Pitt got called for a holding... it killed every one of their drives.

And the PI on Davis before half was close... but it was MUCH less than their LB hitting Ekeler on the previous possesion. Not even close.

There are blown calls both ways. Pitts mistake was they didn't play through the whistle. If you don't hear a whistle... don't stop.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The Tevi call was obvious and unfair. And it resulted directly in a TD so it was a big deal. I get that.

But I agree with Coach, there were tons of missed calls. Steelers were offside on almost every play, including the play immediately prior to the Tevi one. By the way, I hate hate HATE that Rivers drains the play clock every play and the ball is snapped at the last moment. It gives the rushers an unfair advantage; they know when the ball will be snapped. I know that Rivers is dissecting the defense and it results in big plays etc, but if he would just change it up every now and then and go on a quick count, it would make the defense think twice.

Coach, I also remember thinking the same thing about the holding, it was blatant and obvious and consistent. But I chalked it up to there is holding on every play. But a lot of it was arm around the neck stuff.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I think the Steelers loss looked a lot like some of the epic losses the Chargers had when they were ahead big, late. The only real officiating gift was the Tevi false start, in my opinion, the block in the back on the King TD was too close to call. The Allen TD was just fortunate... it could have been the back breaker, as well as that wide open guy that BenR missed.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      I think the Steelers loss looked a lot like some of the epic losses the Chargers had when they were ahead big, late. The only real officiating gift was the Tevi false start, in my opinion, the block in the back on the King TD was too close to call. The Allen TD was just fortunate... it could have been the back breaker, as well as that wide open guy that BenR missed.
                      Yeah but it is what it is. Just like we missed two open players for TDs that were dropped against the Chiefs. Happens every week in the league.
                      we beat Denver as well if we don't commit 15 penalties. The ref crew's are just so different. They missed a lot of calls yesterday.
                      11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia
                      35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                      37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                      66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                      69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                      100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                      110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                      140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                      181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                      225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Holding on Pitts first TD was blatant and obvious on camera, but was in the middle of the line so no ref on the field could see it. If you ain't cheating...

Comment

Working...
                        X