• Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Fuck the Raiders.
      Amen, brother!

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Leslie O'Neal = .676 sacks per game
        Michael Strahan = .655 sacks per game
        Charles Haley = .595 sacks per game

Leslie O'Neal = 3.577 tackles per game
        Michael Strahan = 3.088 tackles per game
        Charles Haley = 2.870 tackles per game

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Leslie could have been the greatest of all time if not for that knee injury in Indy.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Leslie could have been the greatest of all time if not for that knee injury in Indy.
            True. Even with the injury, he was still better than the end they just put in the Hall of Fame.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Big Bear
              • Self-employed property manager.
              • Send PM

I think I am the only dude in the universe who thinks Guy shouldn't be in. I just don't feel like a guy who plays 6-8 plays a game is a Hall of Famer. Yeah, I get that he was the best at what he did, but nobody's putting in the greatest long snapper or the greatest place kicking holder. Dude got in and Charles Haley didn't. That's just dumb.

The one bright spot is not having to listen to the yearly "Ray Guy not being in is the greatest travesty in the history of pro football" type crap.

Comment

• bonehead
                Undrafted
                • Jul 2013
                • TBD
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Savage Lizard View Post
                I think I am the only dude in the universe who thinks Guy shouldn't be in. I just don't feel like a guy who plays 6-8 plays a game is a Hall of Famer. Yeah, I get that he was the best at what he did, but nobody's putting in the greatest long snapper or the greatest place kicking holder. Dude got in and Charles Haley didn't. That's just dumb.

The one bright spot is not having to listen to the yearly "Ray Guy not being in is the greatest travesty in the history of pro football" type crap.
                Check this out

In 2007, former Oakland Raider’s Punter Ray Guy told the Oakland Tribune, “To this day, that’s the thing I get asked about the most...
                Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

True. Even with the injury, he was still better than the end they just put in the Hall of Fame.
                  The thing about Leslie is he didn't trust Spanos and his doctor, that quack Losse. He chose Dr. Steadman and took his sweet-ass time getting his knee ready. The Chargers kept pressuring him before he was ready but he didn't budge. Leslie said the big breakthrough for his knee was playing golf, the constant walking from hole to hole strengthened his knee. It took him nearly two seasons to come back, and when he did he was still a formidable force, and he played out a nice long career as the key member of that line for many years. But I still wonder, in his rookie year he had that 6-sack game against Dallas. What might have been...

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    I hate relying on distance as the metric by which punters are judged. This is why Scifres is constantly overlooked. (If the Chargers offense sucked worse, he'd be punting it farther; instead, he consistently pins opponents inside their 10!) No one can convince me that Scifres has not been the best punter of the last decade, but the stats we use would belie that.
                    Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      I hate relying on distance as the metric by which punters are judged. This is why Scifres is constantly overlooked. (If the Chargers offense sucked worse, he'd be punting it farther; instead, he consistently pins opponents inside their 10!) No one can convince me that Scifres has not been the best punter of the last decade, but the stats we use would belie that.
                      Scifres is the best. He's the only punter I've seen win a playoff game for his team.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                        The thing about Leslie is he didn't trust Spanos and his doctor, that quack Losse. He chose Dr. Steadman and took his sweet-ass time getting his knee ready. The Chargers kept pressuring him before he was ready but he didn't budge. Leslie said the big breakthrough for his knee was playing golf, the constant walking from hole to hole strengthened his knee. It took him nearly two seasons to come back, and when he did he was still a formidable force, and he played out a nice long career as the key member of that line for many years. But I still wonder, in his rookie year he had that 6-sack game against Dallas. What might have been...
                        Yep. For a season, we had a badass pass rush. Lee Williams and Leslie O'Neal had a zillion sacks that year. And Billy Ray Smith had a few too. Leslie O'Neal wasn't just the best rookie that year - he was the best player in the league. More than once, he'd hit the quarterback, make him fumble, then recover the fumble. He was a non-crack-headed version/ non child-raping version of Lawrence Taylor - only O'Neal played defensive end and was a better run stuffer.

Our team sucked, but it was fun to see us destroy quarterbacks.

Spanos treated his players like crap back then. He had the same reputation that AJ Smith got at the end of his Chargers career. That's why I'm convinced AJ Smith was just following orders - his quotes were too damn similar to the ones Spanos used to give to the media. Just ask Dan Fouts, Kellen Winslow, Lee Williams, and Leslie O'Neal. If he were still alive and knew how to talk shit about anybody, you could ask Don Coryell about Spanos as well.
                        Last edited by thelightningwill; 02-05-2014, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

Scifres is the best. He's the only punter I've seen win a playoff game for his team.
                          You might be right there. We don't beat Indy without him.
                          He is one of the 3 or 4 most important players on our favorite team.

Comment

Working...
                          X