• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
    I'm surprised it's this close after the stinker the Chargers played yesterday.

Chiefs defense is bad. Hopefully the offense can move the ball in the rain.
    How they played yesterday doesnt matter. We won the game, some teams did not while playing a team that they should of beat. Hec KC almost lost.
    How they will play Thursady shouldnt be based at all on how they played yesterday.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

How they played yesterday doesnt matter. We won the game, some teams did not while playing a team that they should of beat. Hec KC almost lost.
      How they will play Thursady shouldnt be based at all on how they played yesterday.
      I agree. But it does affect gambling lines, usually... because it effects the public perception of how they are playing, which changes how much money is coming in.

I'm certainly cheering for a chargers win.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

I agree. But it does affect gambling lines, usually... because it effects the public perception of how they are playing, which changes how much money is coming in.

I'm certainly cheering for a chargers win.
        Agree and i assume public perception is that KCs defense sucks and our offense is usually good. Its really a matter of how well we slow down Mahomes with pressure and force bad throws.

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

I've seen this story before, I'll believe it when I see it. I just hope we come to play and don't get ran out of the field again like last year.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • SoDak
            • Technology Director
            • Send PM

Just don't lay an egg like last year in KC on Thursday night.
            "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

We lost the first game because of a 90+ yard return and 2 dropped TD bombs by TB and Williams. We just have to avoid too many stupid plays like that and it will come down to the wire. Make those stupid games early and it will be a long night.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                We lost the first game because of a 90+ yard return and 2 dropped TD bombs by TB and Williams. We just have to avoid too many stupid plays like that and it will come down to the wire. Make those stupid games early and it will be a long night.
                don't forget the gift TD on the fumbled punt by JJ and the 75 yard slant play.

Eliminate the mistakes and we can be in it with a chance to win.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                  Hmmmm. peaks and valleys.... its time to peak, when they feel challenged they peak. They'll beat the Queefs, I'm calling it right now. But I honestly wish KC wins the division, this team gets complacent when things get on their side.

Normally I would blame Lynn for this but yesterday I saw a pissed off Lynn on the sidelines... I blame it on the players this time. Time for the team leaders to show up.
                  Meh. Happens all the time. Trap game. Big sunday night prime time vs Pitt, then struggling cincy with a backup qb, then short week matchup for Division lead vs KC. A win is all that mattered, no style points are awarded.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Do not forget the muffed punt return on our own 5 too.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I expect Ekeler will be out. He is now in the concussion protocol after experiencing late symptoms.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                        Charger Fan till the end
                        • Jun 2013
                        • North Carolina
                        • Send PM

I thought Ek had a shoulder issue. Looked like concussion to me though based on his response. We really need Ek esp if Hordon is a no go.

jackson needs to carry the load and I think he can.

Ultimately Rivers needs to throw balls away vs taking chances...turnovers has lost is each game this and last year. Stay clean on turnovers. let offense run and pass evenly and we can win this. I expect a close game.

Comment

• RobH
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Tokyo, Japan
                          • University English Lecturer
                          • Send PM

I have the feeling that Gordon will be playing. I think they held him out of the Cincy game to give him the extra time and they knew that they would not really need him for Cincy.

The question is: Who will be the third down back? And I guess the answer to that is Jackson.

Comment

Working...
                          X