Full on team building mode theory thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Full on team building mode theory thread.

In my opinion to continue the start TT gave us in personel, we can seperate our needs like this.

Tallent we will lose to retirement, injury, and FA that must be reasonable replaced. You are not reasonable replacing Hardwick with an UDFA as an example. Then Tallent needed to create an immediate impact. Cox is an example of a move made last year in an attempr to do this.

Next Tallent that can contribute in smaller ways at first be are looked at as future Core players.
    Gates and Dielman are great exaples here. Looking at it this way, how do you look at FA and the draft?

Looking at it this way if Hardwick retires a FA center or high draft pick is in order if you do not like his back up. If Floyd retires can we afford an equivilent FA? If Floyd and Hardwick retire we need DX AND a rookie...

NT imo may be a luxure item but not stoping the run is not.

A draft pick is a must if we are committed to the 3/4 imo.

WR oline abd CB are other areas we need immediate improvement.

Cox may get his second chance but even so insurance would be prudent. Wright came on later in the season, but a guy like Grimes would still be a good FA signing IMO. Our CBs are bad rnough that a second round pick could make an impact if Cox struggles again...

Thoughts?
    Go Rivers!
  • bonehead
    Undrafted
    • Jul 2013
    • TBD
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    In my opinion to continue the start TT gave us in personel, we can seperate our needs like this.

Tallent we will lose to retirement, injury, and FA

Then Tallent needed to create an immediate impact.

Next Tallent that can contribute in smaller ways

Thoughts?
    Yeah, who the f#%! Is Tallent?

Are we going to lose him to FA, injury or retirement? Make up your mind

Tallent has to make an immediate impact AND contribute in small ways ?

We have a lot riding on Tallent.
    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Yes we do...

Talent sorry..
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Yeah, who the f#%! Is Tallent?

Are we going to lose him to FA, injury or retirement? Make up your mind

Tallent has to make an immediate impact AND contribute in small ways ?

We have a lot riding on Tallent.
        Do the chickens have large talons?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Agree Hardwick's situation should be addressed sooner rather than later, also feel OG could be challenged more.

WR, absolutely, right now we have Allen, Brown, and Royal and that's not good enough.

If TT is telling it true (hrumph), then Cox will get more time. If we draft a CB high, well then it's just more FO lying to us, heh.

Also would love to see another high-quality Dline guy in the mix, that too can't be lost on TT.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think it was inferd by pundits that MM and TT place a higher value on Tackles than interior olinemen. If so we will not be trading up for an OG....
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I think it was inferd by pundits that MM and TT place a higher value on Tackles than interior olinemen. If so we will not be trading up for an OG....
              Ice Tea is OG.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

I have no problem with getting another high rd. OT this year if it's a BPA or close to it; Dunlap has had some injury concerns at the other most key position on offense to me. Even if you got another dominant RT in RD1, Fluker showed he could play LT well enough that the line could hold up in the pass if Dunlap goes down, and then they would likely be a monster in the run game for years to come the following year if you keep it that way, or one of them could always replace Clary. Center is the other position on Offense for my short list. Re-sign Tutu. Back up WR's, RB, OL, I would be fine getting nobodies, rookies, street FA's, nearly washed-up vets/rentals.

For D... yeah, use any other picks here. Everywhere but FS and DE. I would even be ok to get a bruising tackling machine ILB and letting Butler go, adding OLB help, getting another NT or 2 if you can find depth... the SS situation hasn't been anything to write home about for a while now, and I can live with that, but there needs to more than just Wright at CB going forward.

Comment

• Panama
                  パナマ
                  • Aug 2013
                  • London
                  • Opera singer and web developer.
                  • Send PM

Talent sorry..
                  That describes a lot of teams, especially the Raiders.
                  Adipose

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

AS far as potentially replacing Hardwick, I think there are 2 things to do. First, Rich O can be had at a cheap price. Not exactly the guy I want starting long term, but he is a solid backup at both OG and C. Then I would try pretty hard to draft a future C who can play OG. There are a lot of them available in the middle of the draft, and unless Hardwick is calling it quits now, we can give him a year or two to develop. You just have to make sure we get someone who is not built like Hardwick, because those guys can only play C. If the OG/C guy can play right away, great, he challenges for time at OG immediately. The Bills did that a couple years ago with a kid they took in the 1st, but he is the future at C. And if the guy ends up replacing an OG and becoming a fixture who is too good to move, then we just bit the bullet and draft someone higher up when Hardwick does step down.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

TT himself said he valued OT's over OG's. It makes sense. OT's effectively cover up for OG deficiencies. Much harder to scheme for OT deficiencies if they lack lateral quickness.

Prime example was Clary.
                      Last edited by Beerman; 02-11-2014, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        TT himself said he valued OT's over OG's. It makes sense. OT's effectively cover up for OG deficiencies. Much harder to scheme for OT deficiencies if they lack lateral quickness.

Prime example was Clary.
                        Not to mention you can at least move an average OT to Guard and have a chance of him having success.
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                        X