Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I think we are all still so jaded by the move and having this forum ripped apart that we are not trully celebrating. We just made the playoffs. Its been so long.

Those of us that stuck around really deserve this. Im so happy for all of us.

And now to think that we may go into the playoffs with Henry at TE. Gordon at RB. And Keenan, Tyrell and the real BMW?

We could be really deadly on offense. I think Henry really can tighten things up for us. Rivers has always had an amazing relationship with his TE. Losing Henry was big. But like most of our big losses we have had the opportunity to really get our depth plenty of playing time. Teams win championships with their depth.

Now we go into the playoffs getting guys back hopefully. Even with some major injuries on defense i still think we are one of the better projected playoff defenses. People say we are very balanced. I think we have been underachieving on offense.

Looking forward to this offense full speed. Would love to get the top seed as well. I think that has to be our focus. Hope the Chiefs lose a game.

Cheers to all of us. We deserve something positive. We are still so small here. And quiet. But it dont matter. We fight for each other. lol
    I don't like the Chargers past record after a playoff bye week. IMO, the team won't get any national respect unless they get to Super Bowl the hard way: no bye and winning road games to make the big show. Otherwise the left coast mass media will run endless stories about which more worthy teams "collapsed down the stretch", "suffered from inexplicable coaching blunders to cost critical games", "loss of key players to tournament favorites", etc. You know it's true! LOL.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by RollingThunder View Post
      This is like the Stub Hub Center of fan forums but it is our Stub Hub Center. Hopefully we'll move in to the new Namecheap Center next year after we win the SuperBowl.
      LOL. Thanks for all you do.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Okay.....EVERY BODY TOGETHER......Coomb Ba Ya my lord........Coomb Ba Ya.........

But seriously, this has been a great find for me and my Chargers fix. Lot's of good people here without the wankers you get on the CMB. I am enjoying the ride.....bring on the Ravens.

Comment

• Fleet
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Cardiff - Poipu
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post

I don't like the Chargers past record after a playoff bye week. IMO, the team won't get any national respect unless they get to Super Bowl the hard way: no bye and winning road games to make the big show. Otherwise the left coast mass media will run endless stories about which more worthy teams "collapsed down the stretch", "suffered from inexplicable coaching blunders to cost critical games", "loss of key players to tournament favorites", etc. You know it's true! LOL.
          True or not i dont really care what anyone thinks anymore. lol. A lot of the hate is being pushed by local media.

Former fans will say this if we lose in the playoffs...."This has been what we wanted all along...for the team to make the playoffs and lose. Now they draft in the back of the 1st round. Thats a fail and we are so happy"

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            Okay.....EVERY BODY TOGETHER......Coomb Ba Ya my lord........Coomb Ba Ya.........

But seriously, this has been a great find for me and my Chargers fix. Lot's of good people here without the wankers you get on the CMB. I am enjoying the ride.....bring on the Ravens.
            We are glad you are here bro. Ive recruited like crazy to get more members here. And i have. Maybe 100 or so this past year alone. But fans are so set in their ways. Most of them are from twitter. And choose to stay there.

So Thepowderblues has a very strong Twitter presence. Thats where i am most of the time. Bridging this forum with twitter.

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

We are a good place to be...this forum is home even for all the newbies here.

This year has been such a pleasant surprise...better than I thought. I was hoping playoffs and we already delivered. I want us to fight to the last second of week 17. 1 or 5 seed isnt a big deal...each has its benefits. We slay dragons on the road so why change? #5 is ok despite sn extra game to play. #1 seed earns us serious respect considering that means taking down the Chiefs and the division crown...but we cant let off the gas with the rest week...that does concern me a bit. Just win baby. Let the cards fall where they may...lets go 2 for 2 now and not let any doubt creep into this season.

Comment

• blueman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Scoreboard, baby.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Thanks Fleet, for keeping this all rolling, win or lose.

The fans....and players....deserve a title. It's time.

I'm going to be a wreck come playoff time. Gates is probably my favorite Charger of all time. I want a storybook ending for him.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Happy about the team and where it's at, just trying not to get overly excited so to not be really let down. Taking it one week at a time.
                    Just really glad this forum is still around to have a place to see it all thru.

Thank you Fleet!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • SoDak
                      • Technology Director
                      • Send PM

I'm grateful to have people to talk Chargers with!
                      (funny thing, you don't run into many Chargers fan out here on the prarie!)

I've been with a large part of this group for like... jeez 17-18 years! That's a long time. A lot of good relationships have built up in that time.
                      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Charger Fans are popping up everywhere. Getting a lot of respect from fans of other teams.

Comment

• LABoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2017
                          • Send PM

I signed up for this forum a while back but I don't know if Ive ever posted. The forum I have been on just seems to be kind of stagnant and every pro Chargers or pro LA view is turned into a debate. I'll be checking in here more often moving forward.

Comment

Working...
                          X