• Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Not much being said

About Jahleel Addae.

I've watched this video a couple of times, and I really believe we've found ANOTHER diamond in the rough.

He really looks like the real deal. He looked like he had some good leadership skills at CM. Undrafted 1st year rookie in a starting role in the NFL...

He's just going to get better and better imo. Also, we have Weddle schooling him to the game... Even better. Now sprinkle in a DB and DLman or two and this D could have an explosive turn around.

Last edited by Charged up; 02-11-2014, 10:19 PM.
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Throughout the year, including preseason, I have been commenting on him. Love the kid, so far. He seems to have a knack for being in the right place and he's a pretty sound tackler. I'm a fan of anyone who can tackle for this D. Saw him dish out some nice hits. Finishes plays. I really like him and think he might be a long-term solution for us.
    Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 02-11-2014, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
      Fluent in Sarcasm
      • Jun 2013
      • Iowa
      • Man of the People
      • Send PM

While people aren't talking about him I think the fact that SS isn't being talked about as a position of need for the first time in a few years says a lot about how people think of him. At least in comparison to the other holes in our roster.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

I am not as high on him as you guys are - yet. He has a LONG way to go in coverage. But he did make some nice plays down the stretch and the coaches do seem to like him. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be pencilling him as the starter right now.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

I'm actually OK with him starting. I don't think it's a coincidence the D improved when he moved to SS and Gilchrist moved back to nickle. Can we improve the position? Yes. Is it as bad as it was compared to prior years? No.

There's also Taylor who is a complete unknown. While I pretty much wrote him off as nothing more than a ST (if we are lucky), I'm sure TT still holds out some hope he contributes for the team.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
            Fluent in Sarcasm
            • Jun 2013
            • Iowa
            • Man of the People
            • Send PM

While I agree he needs to work on his coverage skills he can play in the box pretty well, and can actually tackle. This frees up Weddle to come out of the box and drop into coverage. That by itself is an improvement over Weddle in the box and (insert SS here) failing in deep coverage/ missing tackles.

Comment

• TTThunder
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Wish all our DBs often do drills like this so that there is no more dropped interception...

Go Addae!!!

Comment

• Boltdog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Lunar Surface
                • Nutrition Consultant
                • Send PM

Kinda fits the Bob Sanders mode as far as modest size but plus-aggressiveness. But can he gain more weight/ strength for durability? Wouldn't want to see him get banged up like Sanders....
                Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Every game near the end of the season the announcers would mention him and how impressed the coaching staff is with his play.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

Working...
                  X