• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Cordarro Law OLB signed

caplannfl: A bunch of teams had interest. 3-4 OLB. MT @FarhanLaljiTSN: Cordarro Law has signed with the #Chargers.

6'2", 261 pounds
    Last edited by Beerman; 02-14-2014, 01:45 PM.
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

NFL_DRAFT_Bites @NFLDraftBites
    Follow
    Interest in CFL Standout Cordarro Law, 25 yr old had 14 Sacks in Calgary. Patriots worked out. Jaguars & Falcons interested. Next Cam Wake?

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

just googled him...looks like a nice, no risk signing.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SFW
        PB Official Game Thread Starter
        • Jul 2013
        • NY
        • USMC
        • Send PM

Sweet, Hope he pans out
        1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
        2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
        3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
        4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
        5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
        6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
        7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I initially read his name as Corrado, and was thinking Junior Soprano...

Was he in any NFL camp for more than a ham sandwich before he went to the CFL?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Law played for the Calgary Stampeders in 2013. He had 14 sacks this season, with 44 tackles and three tackles for loss. His 14 sacks ranked third in the CFL. Law had one sack in two games with Calgary in 2012. Law signed with the Seahawks last season as an undrafted free agent out of Southern Miss. He was waived on Aug. 31, 2012. Law ran a 4.83-second 40-yard dash at the Southern Miss Pro Day last year at 6-foot-1, 254 pounds. Law had 28 sacks in his four seasons with the Golden Eagles, including 9 1/2 his senior year.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/12/report-patri...of-the-border/

Comment

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

no downside to this. im intrigued.

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

I like the idea of signing him. He seems to have a history of getting sacks even though he is kind of on the slower side for OLBs. Does anyone know anything about his ability against the run?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Cordarro Law, DE, Southern Miss

Name: Cordarro Law
                    College: Southern Miss Number: 49
                    Height: 6-2 Weight: 254
                    Position: DE Pos2: OLB Class/Draft Year: rSr/2012
                    40 Low: 4.70 40 Time: 4.83 40 High: 4.92
                    Projected Round: High: Shot late Low: PFA Stock:
                    Rated number 35 out of 135 DE's 439 / 1971 TOTAL

Combine Results

Pro Day Results
                    Combine Invite:
                    Height: 6014
                    Weight: 254
                    40 Yrd Dash:
                    20 Yrd Dash:
                    10 Yrd Dash: 225 Lb. Bench Reps:
                    Vertical Jump:
                    Broad Jump:
                    20 Yrd Shuttle:
                    3-Cone Drill:

Dates: 03/23/12
                    Height: 6014
                    Weight: 254
                    40 Yrd Dash: 4.83
                    20 Yrd Dash: 2.88
                    10 Yrd Dash: 1.90 225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
                    Vertical Jump: 31
                    Broad Jump: 09'06"
                    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
                    3-Cone Drill: 7.39

40 Time Range: 4.83 Twice
                    Data Scout Notes: 2011: 1stC/P1stC/PHendricks...2010: *2ndC/PM1st…09: HMC
                    Cordarro Law/Southern Miss football Videos

powered by

*Automated search based on player first/last name, college team name, football, 3 loading panels, click video to view in full size on this page,
                    watch or fast forward one full video, or open player with red arrow to choose more cuts at the bottom of the big video screen.
                    Click "I'm done watching this" blue link at the top of video to close screen. If available/HQ changes video quality.
                    2010 Season

A second team All-Conference USA selection ... Started in all 12 games ... Leads all Golden Eagle defensive linemen with 47 tackles (27 solo), including team-bests of 11.5 tackles for loss for 63 yards and six sacks for 52 yards ... Forced four fumbles and recovered two ... Has 10 forced fumbles in his career, which is a school record ... Helped seal win at Tulane (11/6) by sacking quarterback and forcing fumble that scooted out of the end zone and ruled a safety ... Had season-best tackle total of seven against both Kansas (9/17) and UAB (10/30) ... Had at least four tackles in seven games and a half tackle for loss in 10 games ... Posted season-best sack total of two for 19 yards against Houston (11/20) ... Recovered fumbles against Prairie View (9/11) and Memphis (10/16)... 2009 New Orleans Bowl: Tallied two assisted tackles and five solo tackles ... Also had one tackle for a loss of two yards.

2009 Season

Played in all 13 games, starting seven ... Recorded 59 tackles on the year (29 unassisted and 30 assisted)...Led the team in tackles for loss (14.5), sacks (7.5), and forced fumbles (4) ... Broke up two passes ... Started the final seven games of the season after Roshaad Byrd went down with injury in practice the week of the Memphis contest ... Responded with career-best 10 tackles in Memphis (10/178) game ... Added a nine-tackle performance at Marshall (11/14) ... Averaged over six tackles per game over the final seven games and posted at least six five times ... 2008 New Orleans Bowl: Posted a pair of solo tackles including a sack against Troy ... His sack of 18 yards came at the end on the last play of regulation.

2008 Season

Saw action in all 13 games ... Notched at least one tackle in each of the last eight games and had a season-high four stops against Rice (10/18) ... Has 21 stops on the year (19 solos) to go along with six tackles for loss and five sacks ... Had one sack for 15 yards against Marshall (9/20) and one at SMU (11/29) for eight yards ... Has added two forced fumbles to his resume during the year, coming against Rice and Memphis (10/25).

2007 Season

Redshirt.

High School

Three-year starter for Coach Stacy Watters at Sumter County HS … Registered 105 tackles, three fumble recoveries and had one interception … Also rushed for 1,026 yards and scored 11 touchdowns … Helped lead Sumter County to a 6-5 record and its first playoff appearance in eight years … Named all-county … Also named to the West Alabama all-star team … Two-star rating by Scout.com… Two-star rating by SuperPrep.com…Two-star rating by rivals.com…Two-star rating by MagnoliaPreps.com …Lettered in basketball as well … Averaged 17 points and eight rebounds … First-team all-state as a junior and helped lead Sumter County to two state championships … MVP of the Regional Championships … Selected first-team all-county … Also recruited by Louisville and UCF.

Personal

Son of Veronica Law ... Born Oct. 15, 1988.

Draft Scout Player News
                    03/24/12 - Southern Miss Pro Day: Friday was a big day for former Southern Miss defensive end Cordarro Law. Although he had one of the best seasons for a defender in Conference USA in 2011, he's mostly flown under the radar when it comes to the NFL. On Friday, Law had his chance to shine at USM's Pro Day. "I believe I opened eyes up," he said. "I showed a lot of people I can do different things. Overall, today was a good day." The 6-foot-2, 260-pound Law was impressive in his workouts, looking a step quicker as he went through drills in front of the NFL scouts. He worked out as both a linebacker and defensive end as he tries to prove he can be a pass rusher at the next level. Law was among a group of former Golden Eagles and other athletes from the region who worked out for scouts from 22 different NFL teams. Also on hand were two of the biggest names in recent USM football history - receiver DeAndre Brown and quarterback Austin Davis. Brown (6-6, 255 pounds) is giving tight end a shot afte failing to catch on last season in the Philadelphia Eagles organization as receiver. "Everybody thinks that's better for me so I'm just going to go with it," Brown said. - Patrick Magee, Hattiesburg American
                    Full Cordarro Law News Wire

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

When it comes to work ethnic, Cordarro Law credits his mom and dad for passing down their blue-collar genes.

For Law, 24, figures the fine art of collecting sacks comes down to raw determination and sheer will.

Talent is one thing, but it means little without the effort to back it up.

“My dad works for a logging company,” the Calgary Stampeders defensive end says. “He runs the tree-cutters at a mill.

“My mom works at the grocery store. She’s a meat-cutter. I’ve watched my mom, and she gets up to go to work every day at 5 o’clock in the morning with no complaints.”

As such, Law is not about to complain about life under the rule of Stamps defensive line coach DeVone Claybrooks. After all, this six-foot-two, 262-pound behemoth is on the cusp of making a name for himself — first in the CFL, and then, perhaps, in the big league to the south.

“I’ve been playing well, and I’m going to keep performing,” Law says. “It’s been so much fun. That’s my main goal, to get to the quarterback.

“Every time I get there, it’s just a joy.”

The 2013 campaign is morphing into a festival of joy for Law, a Southern Mississippi product in his sophomore season with the Stamps.

Through nine games, the unassuming quarterback assassin has piled up 25 defensive tackles and a forced fumble. But his most impressive stat? Eight sacks, good for third in the league behind only Winnipeg’s Alex Hall (12) and Calgary’s Charleston Hughes (10). No longer can the opposition double-team Hughes with little worry of attack on the other end of the line.

“Charleston was getting a lot of attention,” Law says. “But now I’ve got a few sacks, they’re kind of focused on me now.

“I guess maybe one of our defensive tackles will have a breakout year now.”

The Stamps sit second in the CFL in combined sacks with 36, only two behind league-leading Winnipeg.

The emergence of Law — who played two-regular-season games and three playoff games in 2012 as a late pickup by the Stamps — has helped turn a one-time weakness for Calgary into a core strength.

“He’s a good young kid,” Claybrooks says. “He puts in the time. Works hard. Does the little things.

“He’s actually a very complete player. He rushes the passer very well. He’s able to drop into coverage, and he plays the run. He doesn’t really have a glaring weakness.”

Life is good these days for the big boys up front — although Claybrooks demands constant improvement on his watch.

“In this game, you get a king’s ransom to play a joker’s game,” he says. “Football hasn’t changed since pee-wee and midget. We’re just having fun. It’s still the same.

“We’re just having fun. You’re not having a real job working 18 hours a day.”

As a kid, Law watched both his parents work real jobs — so he’s in no hurry to give up on the dream of taking football as far as he possibly can.

“I tell our guys to enjoy every moment and cherish it,” Claybrooks says. “Because you never know when it’s going to fleet and leave.

“That’s the gift and the curse of professional sports.”

Rest assured, Hughes appreciates the gift of a dangerous pass rusher on his opposite edge.

“He’s doing what most people didn’t think he was supposed to be doing,” Hughes says. “He’s making a lot of noise right now for himself. I didn’t even notice he had that many sacks until I took time to see what was going on.”

Cue the friendly rivalry between bookends.

“Especially being so young, he’s catching on very well,” Hughes says. “He’s learning very well.

“All I can say is he’s playing pretty damn good right now.”

Stamps fans might want to soak in the sight of No. 49 causing mayhem in the backfield. For at this time next year, he’ll likely have taken his blue-collar act to the National Football League.

“I haven’t even thought about it,” sidestepping the question like a pesky offensive tackle standing in the path to the quarterback. “All I’m thinking about is playing here and winning a championship here.”

Stay tuned.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Work "ethnic"? First sentence.

Comment

Working...
                        X