Do you agree, yes or no?
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Forgot the link...

What are the three key camp issues facing each AFC West team?DENVER BRONCOSOffense: The Wes Welker FactorPeyton Manning has a new toy. But with the wealth of options in this offense, it seems unlikely Welker will match his production from his days with Tom Brady.

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Do you agree, yes or no?
      With what? He had a few opinions. I agree with parts and disagree with others.
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Pretty accurate assessment. The O line should see improvement if they can work as a cohesive group more than anything. It's not top tier by any stretch of the imagination, but there's some pieces to work with there.

I'm fairly confident in our front 7 group. My biggest concern and the likely reason for our success OR failure on defense this year is going to be the new secondary. Last year's group put up horrid statistics. If we can get a healthy season from the secondary they can surprise some people. If not, we are probably looking for a CB early next season.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          Forgot the link...

What are the three key camp issues facing each AFC West team?DENVER BRONCOSOffense: The Wes Welker FactorPeyton Manning has a new toy. But with the wealth of options in this offense, it seems unlikely Welker will match his production from his days with Tom Brady.

With what? He had a few opinions. I agree with parts and disagree with others.
          Unless you care to elaborate ill take that as a no.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Unless you care to elaborate ill take that as a no.
            Go ahead and take it as you wish.

The opinions he listed arent things I disagree with or agree with completely. Wasn't aware anyone had to agree or not agree on multiple opinions 100%.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Nah, you say so little about your stance and opinion, im just pulling your chane.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Nah, you say so little about your stance and opinion, im just pulling your chane.
                Not doing a very good job since you asked a yes or no question on a topic that made no sense for you to ask it.

If you are going to try and jump on a subject someone else brought up you should at least try and do it in the right context
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltdog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Lunar Surface
                  • Nutrition Consultant
                  • Send PM

In viewing our DL roster going into camp, I'm surprised how thin it looks going into TC. If any of the starters go down, we really expect that rookie UDFAs at NT and journeymen like Jarius Wynn and Damik Scaife at DE can maintain? Really?

Everyone has been concerned about our DBs, but at least we have numbers there. Bolts had been talking at one point about signing Bannon or maybe the former Colts DT, but that didn't happen. Maybe we trimmed back too many vet DLs, given currently what's on the roster...
                  Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Every spot on the D lacks depth.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

Offense: Pass protection

Defense: Time to step up

Wild card: Receiver situation
                      The biggest issue is the oline. Last year I had questions about it. Would Gaither be the guy who was outstanding in those 5 games for us the previous year? Would Green be able to put together a full season at a level we saw from him the previous year? This year there is little to question. The line ain't very good. There is pretty much no upside we can hope for to bail us out even if Fluker can actually be a decent RT. We have to hope that putting together an o-line made up of mainly castoffs will be good enough. I don't think so myself. I've spent too many years "hoping" that we could get by with some glaring holes. I don't see anyway in hell this o-line is going to be good enough.

We have some good players sprinkled around on defense. If we lack talent in one area it would be at OLB. We have two, count 'em, two players that have experience and can be considered OLBers. One of them can't pressure the QB and the other hasn't established himself after 3 years in the league. Then we have two DEs, one a 6th round pick and the other a 33 year old player whose numbers last year were anything but impressive (much, much worse than the guy he is replacing), that will be counted on to produce this year. If you play the 3-4 the OLB is the single most important position in the lineup, and it is where we are the weakest. Along the D-line we have some talent but no depth. In fact, depth is an issue at just about every position in the defense save for SS, where we don't have a starter in the first place. We have to hope that we have no significant injuries on defense this year after the loss of Ingram. One more would be devastating. Two more would something from which we cannot recover.

To be honest, I think we are the most talented and deepest at the WR position. Unfortunately much of their success hinges on things outside of their control. Can an weak o-line not only open up a running game but provide protection for perhaps the most immobile QB in the league? Will Rivers pull out of the career death spiral he has been in over the last couple of seasons? I don't have a lot of faith in the first and I have to say that MM isn't saying anything new when he talks about Rivers "doing too much" when talking about his turnovers. Norv said the very same thing over the last couple of years here. Personally, I'm not sure that is something that can be fixed in Rivers without giving him an outstanding o-line. Personally, I am amazed at what little TT did to improve the o-line this offseason.

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

:ChickenLittle logo
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X